Application deadline 1 year ago: Thursday 9 Dec 2021 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 2,442 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in HarareThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 2,442 USD Please note that depending on the location, a higher post adjustment might still result in a lower purchasing power.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Within the Country Management Support Unit, to provide support and services in the preparation of pre-requisites and the initiation of Human Resources related transaction in GSM (position classifications, recruitments, appointments and change in status actions, use of Manager and Employee Self Service, conduct briefing on HR issues) to both managers and staff members to perform GSM transactions in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and policies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Operations Officer, and perform the following GSM duties:
- He/she assists in providing relevant HR information and initiating transactions in GSM in the following areas:
- Initiate position actions (Position classification and reclassification actions);
- Initiate Hiring and staffing actions, including requesting vacancy notices and hiring of consultants and APWs to individuals through the Procurement module;
- Contract Management (appointments, extension of appointments, separation actions) changes in status actions;
- Advise on possible reasons of HRAP rejections;
- Provide support to Staff in initiating TRs for statutory travels (Processing of staff entitlements);
- Provide support to Staff in the use of the staff self-service module (GSM end-users).
- Monitoring and Reporting of HR Actions:
- Through regular reporting, he/she will monitor transactions initiated, appointments coming to an end and that need to be extended, separation actions for a timely action on the part of managers and staff.
- He/she will liaise with HR counterparts in HRM/AFRO and GHR to ensure a proper follow up on actions initiated at the RSU level;
- Leave Administration;
The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the RSU
Essential: Work requires completion of secondary school. Knowledge of general administrative and HR Policy theory and procedures.
Desirable: Training in UN/HR systems is an advantage.
Essential: At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources and preferably with several years’ experience in WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Desirable: Proven skills in drafting and editing required. Relevant experience in the UN Agencies and/or NGOs is an advantage. Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Travel and Procurement would be an asset
Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software. Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Work requires the use of: word processing facilities to create, edit, format and print correspondence and documents; spreadsheet and visual presentation software; e-mail and scheduling software to improve communications both internally and externally; Oracle/GSM for administrative matters.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fosters integration and team work
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential - Fluency in English