Health Program Support Officer - Beirut
The Health Program Support Officer is responsible for overseeing health projects’ work-plan performance, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Develop and implement Project’s work plans . - Track/monitor day-to-day progress against project milestones and activities, against scheduled work plans and overall project objectives. - Ensure all project documentation and reports are produced on time. - Carryout regular field visits to ensure smooth implementation of project activities. - Prepare project updates for periodic review meetings. - Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to line manager and other team members. - Work closely with MEAL unit to review, identify, and put corrective action measures for the health activities to ensure data-driven decisions are taken and implemented to assure consistent quality of health program.
- Ensure collection and archiving of sources of verification. - Ensure project records and documents are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to IRC and donor specific procedures. - Sends minutes from all the meetings and discussions internally within the project team, with project partners and external actors.
- Supervise and record project activities expenditure against budget. - Analyze the monthly project expenses and Financial Reports and accordingly and in coordination with the project team, develop action plans . - Review and provide analysis on health-related spending plans and lead on updating spending plans on a regular basis.
- Deliver high quality, accurate and timely reports, as required. - Contribute to project narrative and ensure all projects reports are prepared and submitted on time.
- Participate in the procurement planning processes, and follow procurements closely in collaboration with the procurement department. - Send accurate and precise purchase requests in a timely manner. - Ensure that the project team has adequate assets necessary for performing its duties.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to****: Health Coordinator
Country Program: Health Program team, Partnership Unit, WPE team, Procurement, Finance, M&E
External: Health Partners
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field. - 3 years’ work experience in an NGO implementing health programs.
Demonstrated Professional Competencies & Technical skills