Guard - Mosul
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country, and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar and Mosul.
- Patrol the office and the surrounding area on a regular basis and ensure buildings, unoccupied rooms, external doors, car parks and security systems are safe and secure. - Provide advice to IRC staff and visitors on safety and security related matters. - Respond to fire alarms, medical emergencies, evacuate premises and contact appropriate emergency services as or when required. - Protect staff and assets and administer first aid as or when required. - Assist the Humanitarian Access and Security Manager (HASM).in all safety and security related inspections and improvements. - Undertake escort duties for staff and visitors while in IRC premises. - Operate and maintain a range of safety and security equipment including two-way VHF radios, CCTV system, fire alarms etc. - Ensure that all guests and visitors information is logged in an appropriate sheet. - Under the supervision of the PRoL manager, liaise with the appropriate emergency services on all safety and security related matters. - Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or his authorized designee.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: protection support officer Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: PRoL Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff
External: IRC guests
· Completion of Secondary school is required.
· A minimum of 1 year experience as a security guard.
· Surveillance detection skills.
· Previous training in safety and security.
· Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player.
· Excellent communication skills, calm with a good sense of humor.
· Proven commitment to accountability practices.
· Fluent in Arabic. A basic level of English is required.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good knowledge of operating and maintaining a range of safety and security equipment, including the use of VHF radios, CCTV system, fire alarms etc.
· Excellent knowledge of safety and security procedures and protocols.
· The candidate must be in a good physical condition.
Working Environment: the position will be based in Mosul.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org****.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com