Global MEAL Specialist (Strategic Results)
Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 31 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - Expatriate or National contract. More about DRC - Expatriate or National contracts.
Do you believe in the value of global results analysis? Do you feel that you can contribute to better, more interesting, and more useful analysis of results we achieve in our country operations? Join us in a role that is all about how we measure, collect, and analyse our strategic results across our global portfolio!
Who are we?
You will be joining the global Effectiveness, Knowledge & Learning team working with Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) in Danish Refugee Council (DRC). We have a diverse portfolio that we feel is overall about our accountability to people – the people we serve, the people we work with, and the people who support our work. Meaningful and compelling analysis of DRC’s global results is part of what we do to make us more accountable.
About the job
You will be part of our global strategic results documentation and analysis, based on existing country level and regional results management systems. You will manage and support the use of global standard indicators, global results aggregation and analysis tools, and work closely with regional MEAL coordinators and the global MEAL team to strengthen DRC practices in this regard. Specifically, we would expect you to:
- Design, test, and improve results aggregation and analysis tools, and support in their application as needed
- Manage global results aggregation
- Manage and contribute to global results analysis, including for the Danida Strategic Partnership Agreement
- In close collaboration with global platform and sector leads, manage and further develop global standard indicators and support global aggregation of data
- Develop and contribute to results data visualization
- Provide technical support to country operations, regional and HQ offices in these areas
- Present global and strategic results in relevant DRC meetings and events as needed
- As appropriate, revise or develop policies, strategy, resources, tools and guidance to support these topics
- As required, engage in other relevant initiatives in the MEAL team and the wider Division, including Information Management and other results-related work
To be successful in this role we expect you to come with experience in results management and analysis, or a broader experience in MEAL or related fields. We would expect you to have a sound understanding of good monitoring practice, including the design and use of good quality indicators. All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, collaborating, striving for excellence and demonstrating integrity.
Concretely, we expect the following:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in results aggregation, analysis, and visualization, at least at country (programme) level
- Understanding of programme monitoring, results indicators, and the design and use of results frameworks
- Proficient in use of the MS Office 365 suite for collaboration and results management (Excel), PowerBI skills an advantage
- Social science master’s degree in a relevant field or a first level university degree with additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- English and French, fluently spoken and written.
- Experience with portfolio results analysis in a large organisation
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving as well as taking a flexible and innovative approach to working.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a distributed and diverse team and to form close working relationships with colleagues from a varied range of backgrounds while working remotely
- Highly motivated and hard working with strong attention to detail.
Contract length: Two (2) years
Workplace: DRC Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. Alternatively, the position may be located in one of DRC’s country offices in the East Africa and Great Lakes region subject to further dialogue. Please indicate in your application if you are not able to work in Nairobi and which country office within the region you would be able to work in
Start date: 1st October 2022 or soonest thereafter
The position is temporary due to donor funding.
Salary and conditions for the position will be on DRC terms.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications is the 31 August 2022. We expect to conduct interviews in early September 2022.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Volker Hüls, Head of Division for Effectiveness, Knowledge, and Learning, [email protected]
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.