Global Fundraising Specialist Adviser Sweden
Application deadline 1 month ago: Saturday 31 Dec 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contracts.
NRC External relations (Exrel) is a global team responsible for engaging with private individuals and organisation to build awareness of NRCs work and raise resources for NRC, especially unearmarked funds. To do this Exrel has four focus areas; Public Engagement which gives a global public voice to NRC and the people we serve; Fundraising which grows our income of unearmarked funding from private individuals; Donor Management which ensures our income from regular donors; Corporate gets grants and pro bono resources from private organisations and high net worth individuals. In addition, there is a Governance function that crosses all these functions focused on legal, financial, human resource, and other ‘fit for purpose’ activities.
NRC’s portfolio of regular donors is spread across different fundraising markets, the Global Fundraising section aims to grow this by increasing capacity in existing markets and through expansion to other markets. The regular donors of NRC give unearmarked funding – the gold standard of funding – that enables NRC to do activities institutional donors will not fund. Global fundraising is the engine that recruits these regular donors as well as solicits single donations. Global fundraising leads NRCs strategy and execution to grow new funding streams from private individuals that give higher and/or faster ROI as well as greater resilience to NRCs income.
Are you a structured and experienced fundraiser ready to manage our fundraising operation in NRC Flyktinghjälpen Sverige?
You will be our expert on the Swedish fundraising market and framework, identifying new funding sources, responsible for us meeting regulatory requirements, and being a focal point for our partners and stakeholders in Sweden. You will deliver all aspects of our fundraising operations in Sweden. Together with NRC Head Office in Oslo you will develop our strategy. You will also be the voice of NRC in Sweden. You will work closely with our skilled digital fundraiser based in Stockholm and be part of a dedicated Global Fundraising team at NRC Head Office in Oslo.
Come join us!
What you will do
Reporting to the Director - Global Fundraising, your mandate will be to grow NRC’s unearmarked funding by recruiting regular donors and soliciting single donations from private individuals globally and across multiple channels in Sweden. This will include building and executing strategies to find new ways of fundraising from private individuals that enable faster ROIs, more resilience to fundraising income, and advice on how to improve existing fundraising ROIs in support of the fundraising operation for NRC Flyktinghjälpen Sverige.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of NRC Sweden, legal, financial, governance, and HR.
- Responsible for all NRC Sweden reporting – to the board, finance, fundraising authorities etc.
- Joint signatories on NRC Sweden bank accounts.
- Responsible for coordinating follow-up with the Swedish Fundraising Control, accounting services, NRC Sweden board, banks, auditors etc.
- Manage partnership with field marketing and other marketing partners in Sweden, contracts, training, quality, payments, and good hand-off to Donor Management.
- Serve the Board by preparing and managing Board following and following up with the Board as needed.
- “Company secretary” for NRC Sweden alongside CEO of NRC Sweden who is Director of Global Fundraising.
- Grant management for grants from the foundation to field projects.
- Preparing and coordinating application processes, for instance for funding from foundations and events and identifying funding sources to apply for.
- Operationalise global individual fundraising strategy in appointed channels in Sweden. Deliver and report on fundraising targets and KPIs for the market.
- Manage translation services for Swedish language content for all of NRC.
- Maintain awareness of fundraising in Sweden context for NRC – trends, new requirements, competitor analysis.
- Be the voice of NRC Sweden.
What you will bring
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising or similar activities, ideally the in Swedish market.
- Structured worker, understanding of legal and financial matters, and how a non-profit board works.
- Ability to work with partners and authorities such as the Swedish Fundraising Controller, and audit another institutional framework.
- Communication skills and ability to represent the foundation to different internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid Experience and an interest in the humanitarian field.
- Fluency in Swedish and English, both written and verbal.
- Some exposure to internet marketing/fundraising.
- Must be Swedish citizenship and based in Sweden.
We know that you are curious and would like to learn more about this role; please click here to access the full Job Description.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee.
- A chance to grow NRC’s unearmarked funding by recruiting regular donors and soliciting single donations from private individuals globally and across multiple channels in Sweden.
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions in Sweden.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We will be assessing candidates on an ongoing basis; therefore, early applications are recommended.