General Service Roster for Fixed-term Executive Assistant (Programme)
Application deadline 1 month ago: Monday 8 Aug 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 2,071 USD.
Salary for a G-5 contract in BangkokThe salary of a G-5 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 78,263 THB (~2,071 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-5 contracts.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment)
The incumbent will be part of the World Health Organization Country office for Thailand and provide administrative support in accordance with WHO manual, rules and regulations, filing systems, administrative practices, policies and practices to ensure smooth workflow in the team/office. Work is controlled for meeting expectations and compliance with instructions, procedures and meeting deadlines. Financial reports, budgetary documents and statements are reviewed for accuracy. Incumbent adjusts own work pace, priorities and workload to meet demands and deadlines, seeking guidance on complex matters. The incumbent ensures correctness in work and work may be reviewed by supervisor for meeting expectations and overall quality; correspondence is signed or cleared by originator.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected)
Under the direct supervision of 1st level supervisor, and broad guidance of WHO Representative to Thailand, and in close collaboration with the Administration team, the incumbent provides support in the following areas:
FINANCE, BUDGET and PLANNING
- Check and prepare obligating documents, ensure the availability of funds, and transfer funds as instructed or as delegated.
- Follow up on programme implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other staff to problems, inconsistencies and delays.
Assist professional staff in providing budgetary and financial data to monitor programme implementation, prepare biennial budgets, and in preparation of progress reports including donor reports.
Draft routine non-technical correspondence based on instructions from supervisor; take notes at meetings and draft short reports when requested; provide informal translation from Thai to English at meetings where required.
- Analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information when required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned.
Ensure that technical reports and documents are in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, editing and correcting them as necessary prior to their submission for signature or clearance of relevant authority.
Use appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Oversee and monitor the information flow of the unit, screening, sorting, analyzing and identifying areas requiring action by the team.
- Provide background information for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members.
Maintain the team leader’s agenda and calendar by scheduling meetings and/or rescheduling owing to disruption by unforeseen events, redirects visitors and callers as necessary.
Establish and maintain files including reference material, confidential files, reports and other documents.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Team in regard to study tours.
- Prepare travel requests for official travel of the team and other travelers. Make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative.
- Arrange, coordinate and lead administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including: prepare event plans in the system, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assist with preparation of documents; dispatch materials and liaise with participants and others involved.
- Assist the Meeting Assistant in obtaining government clearance for meetings taking place in Thailand and nominations of participants.
PROCUREMENT and CONTRACTS
- Prepare contracts, such as Agreement for the Performance of Work (APWs), Technical Service Agreement (TSAs), Direct Financial Cooperation (DFC), temporary consultancy contracts and alike in Global Management System (GSM) and other on-line systems as applicable, and monitor deadlines.
- Screen and review various contractual materials, issuing PTAEO numbers, earmarking funds, and verifying and clearing payment requests.
- Keep track of all contract extensions and renewals, checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract.
- Keep track of contract extensions and renewals, verifying that funds are available.
- Prepare purchase requests for office equipment, as appropriate.
WHO COLLABORATING CENTERS
- Maintain the official records of WHO Collaborating Centers up-to-date
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.
*Essential - Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable - Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
*Essential - At least five (5) years’ experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work.
Desirable - Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
Ability to draft standard correspondence;
Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Moving forward in a changinh environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Thai.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting (please refer to http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/gs.htm for current salary scale), subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
- Work is performed in normal working environment.
- Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.