Fundraising Manager (Global Digital Hub), P-4, FT, Individual Giving, PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Application deadline 6 months ago: Monday 4 Jul 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-4 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 159,379 USD and 205,487 USD.
Salary for a P-4 contract in GenevaThe international rate of 90,970 USD, with an additional 75.2% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-4 contracts and their salaries.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PSFP) Section within the Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize income and drive income growth.
Within PFP, the Individual Giving Unit is a highly committed and results-driven team responsible for overseeing the fundraising programs that delivers over one billion dollars of income every year. Our overall objectives are to drive long term income growth, become the best digital fundraising organization in the world, be the fastest and most effective at raising funds from emergencies and deliver high quality support and partnerships with our National Committees and Country Offices.
The role of the Fundraising Manager (Global Digital Hub) sits within the Digital Fundraising Team of the Individual Giving Unit, currently based in Geneva.
For every child, a champion
The incumbent is expected to lead UNICEF on key aspects of the digital transformation initiative, driving growth in revenues through Digital Campaign management and Performance Marketing expertise, taking UNICEF’s fundraising capabilities and results to the next level.
The role will be responsible for:
- Delivering the digital campaign and paid media strategy and supporting markets to drive growth in their digital acquisition, conversion and retention of supporters and donors.
- Building and maintaining a team of talented digital paid media and campaign specialists who can provide support and expertise across many markets with their expert knowledge and experience of managing media campaigns (Search, Social, Email etc.) to drive acquisition, conversion, and retention of donors.
- Managing the digital media team and agencies running campaigns in our ‘virtual hub’ markets around the globe, with a focus on driving results through search, social and retention campaigns.
How can you make a difference?
The key functions of the post will be:
1. Drive long-term income growth through improved donor experience globe:
- Work with the Digital Strategists and markets to ensure that support is provided to grow market capabilities and fundraising results through paid media and retention campaigns.
- Support local markets with temporary resourcing issues for digital capabilities.
- Work with other PFP teams during planning activities, to ensure relevant digital expertise is utilized, and that the resulting plans are consistent with the Digital Revenue Strategy.
- In partnership with the Global Digital Manager, assess the opportunity and support execution of centrally coordinated digital marketing campaigns.
2. Build the best digital fundraising team in the world:
- Lead the development of a global digital media hub, building a team that offers expert support of digital capabilities for markets to draw upon.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder engagement and team management skills, ensuring the hub is focused on areas of most impact.
- Provide effective management for a mix of staff, agencies, and consultants to deliver revenue targets and the range of support expertise UNICEF needs.
3. Become the fastest and most effective at raising money in response to emergencies:
- upport markets to be first in their market to respond to emergency needs.
- Be the first in markets with centrally coordinated digital fundraising campaigns.
- Develop journeys to ensure 30% of the new emergency donors give a second gift within the first 3 months of their journey.
Constantly improve processes, revenue streams, and procedures for emergencies to maximise funds raised during an emergency, to ensure that we increase UNICEF's global share of emergency funds raised.
- Deliver high quality partnerships experiences for markets:
Ensure markets and key audiences are informed on the shared impact (performance and lessons learned) IG has had with markets and centrally managed campaigns.
- Build and maintain the credibility, reliability, expertise, and openness of the PFP IG team, building trust with markets and stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or other relevant fields is required.
- Alternatively, a first-level university degree in combination with additional 2 years of relevant professional working experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Any other additional training in a related field: Advertising, Marketing, Digital fundraising, etc. is an asset.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible work experience in international digital revenue-generating multi-market campaigns, four of which at a senior level, is required.
- Experience in digital fundraising, and/or, marketing, with a demonstrable record in getting strong results in digital acquisition, digital conversion, donor retention, and multi-channel campaign management, is required.
- Expertise in specific areas relevant to digital fundraising and/or marketing: paid media, social, digital customer journeys, UX, and CRO, to optimize digital revenue strategies, is required.
- Experience in defining and delivering an integrated online and offline channel strategy with internal teams or clients is required
- Experience in operating within a commercial or fundraising consultancy environment is an advantage.
- Understanding and experience of Google Marketing products, and Salesforce products is an advantage.
- Experience with the UN system is an advantage.
- Experience working on both the agency side and client side is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1) are required.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF PFP-Geneva is currently reviewing organizational changes; therefore, the exact future location of the post is still under consideration/to be determined. Candidates may be asked to commence duties remotely. Should the selected candidate be assigned and relocate to Geneva, they may later be asked to relocate and be assigned to another location during the initial contract or assignment period.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.