Fundraising Data Analyst (National Consultant, part-time, flexible working conditions)
Application deadline in 6 days: Monday 6 Dec 2021 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, safety.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the consultancy:
Under the supervision of the FR Officer, and in close collaboration with the Database Management Associate, Donor Stewardship Consultant, Telemarketing Consultant, Fundraising Campaign Coordinator, the Fundraising Data Analyst consultant will support the implementation of the FR plan, with a focus on monitoring, analysing, fundraising (FR) campaign efficiency, donor data, producing relevant FR and donor data reports.
The consultant will also provide support for issues related to donor data protection and administrative aspects, as requested by the specificities of the FR campaigns.
In 2018, UNICEF started a new five-year country partnership with Romania. The overall aim of the partnership is to continue to accelerate the universal realization of child rights and improve the situation of excluded children living in marginalized communities with large minorities and in most vulnerable and deprived areas. This is accompanied by promoting a culture of rights, social norms and alliances that will benefit all children and enhance equity and solidarity in the country.
The private sector’s role as a key contributor to other resources is expected to grow. UNICEF fundraises from both the private individuals and the corporate sector, bringing on the market new techniques, that provided excellent results in other markets.
In line with its Private Sector FR Plan (PSP) for 2018-2022, the UNICEF Office in Romania is increasing its fundraising efforts from private individuals, with a focus on building long term sustainable income, through monthly (pledge) donations. This will be achieved primarily by growing the number of pledge donors acquired through current channels (direct debit, online and direct response television (DRTV), telemarketing etc.) and new methods of pledge donor recruitment (for e.g. through partnerships with companies).
UNICEF is working with various partner agencies and uses various platforms to implement FR campaigns: telemarketing agency, the Association for Community Relations, a social integrator for direct debit campaigns, television stations for DRTV campaigns, Mail Chimp for donor stewardship e-mailing campaigns, Stripe platform for online donations and Donor Perfect Online for donor data and payments management, as well as for reporting.
Various data regarding the FR campaign efficiency and donor responses are received from these partners and must be monitored, analysed and reported in order to optimize the campaigns and increase their efficiency.
The key tasks expected to be fulfilled by the consultant are:
- processing and analysing donor data and FR campaign data coming from various sources (for e.g. telemarketing agency, social integrator for direct debit program, Stripe online platform, Mail Chimp for e-mailing etc.) and producing relevant reports;
- producing dashboards for FR campaigns, in order to monitor and optimize FR campaign efficiency;
- producing efficiency reports for FR campaigns, e-mailing campaigns etc.;
- producing analyses to generate insights & actionable recommendation for optimizing campaigns;
- actively seeking ways to address data gaps and quality to improve measurement accuracy and comprehensiveness;
- driving data-driven performance reporting and campaign optimization processes from all agency partners;
- supporting and training relevant UNICEF team members to ongoingly monitor donor data and campaign efficiency.
- monthly report detailing the key points, findings, and recommendation on all the work done, challenges and possible improvement during the contract period;
- FR campaign monitoring dashboards;
- donor data and FR campaign efficiency reports;
- training of relevant staff with regards to donor data analysis and reporting;
- FR and financial reports, as requested.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualification and experience:
- completion of secondary education, preferably with specialization in the area of information technology/ databases, data analysis;
- university degree in economics, information technology, computer science or related fields would be an asset;
- a minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in the private sector, including responsibilities for data analysis, business analysis and trends;
- ability to operate, optimize and personalize database software and Microsoft applications;
- preferably experience in working with donor management software (for e.g. Donor Perfect Online);
- Fluency in English and Romanian.
Skills and competencies:
- advanced computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- working with excel files at a proficient level;
- analytical and conceptual skills;
- planning and monitoring skills;
- ability to organize work and projects;
- ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
The application must include:
- an updated CV focused on the skills and experience requested by the current consultancy;
- a financial offer Financial template_consultant_database.docx, specifying the requested gross hourly fee in RON taking into consideration that the consultant will be responsible for paying all his/her due income taxes as per Romanian fiscal legislation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.
The contract will be awarded based on the best combination of expertise and fee.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.