Fundraising Consultant (Donor Loyalty) - local consultancy open for Bulgarian nationals only
Application deadline 3 months ago: Friday 4 Nov 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
In line with its Private Sector Plan the Country Office is increasing its fundraising efforts from private individuals, with a focus on building long term sustainable income, through monthly (pledge) donations. This will be achieved primarily by growing the number of pledge donors acquired through current channels (SMS and online) and through pledge donors’ retention.
How can you make a difference?
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the consultant:
- The Consultant will have the main responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with UNICEF’s new and existing donors. This will include welcoming donors to the organisation, updating them on how their much-needed donation is helping children, and informing them of new or different ways to donate.
- Review and update the individual donors’ communication cycle, develop and implement supporters’ engagement plan & loyalty programme
- Update existing and create new donor care and communication materials.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and implement regular telemarketing and e-mail campaigns.
- Improve the supporter’s experience online.
- Analyse donor database, propose, and implement engagement activities based on donor behaviour.
- Monitor and report on performance results and KPIs on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to implementation of fundraising campaigns
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- At least three years of experience in fundraising, marketing and communications with specific focus on donor/ customer care and support.
- Previous experience in telemarketing would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Technical background and skills in the use of e-mail tools (MailChimp) and mobile messaging applications.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Drive for results.
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English language.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF mission and values.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.