Fund Raising Officer (Acquisition), NOA, São Paulo, Brazil (126939)
Application deadline in 2 days: Monday 4 Dec 2023 at 02:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a NO-1 contract. This kind of contract is known as National Professional Officers. It is normally only for nationals. It's a staff contract. More about NO-1 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, making a difference
UNICEF wants to make sure that all children in Brazil can enjoy their rights, particularly those who have been excluded from the country’s progress and those who grow up in especially vulnerable circumstances. To achieve its goals, UNICEF works both at national level to influence policies and programs for children as well as in the regions where most of the disadvantaged children live: in the Semi-arid and Amazon regions and the large cities. We aim to broaden the base of our supporters and to strengthen people’s engagement by involving them in different actions and projects for children and adolescents. For this we need YOU. If you are committed to children’s rights and to improving their chances in life, contact us.
For further information, please visit www.unicef.org.br
How can you make a difference?
The Fundraising Officer (Acquisition) works under the direct supervision of the Fundraising Individual Giving Specialist. This position is located in São Paulo and will be in charge of implementing face-to-face and telemarketing fundraising campaign activities in line with the 2024-2025 strategic plan. This position will coordinate the teams of face to face and telemarketing campaigns, as well as the development of new businesses and search new individual pledge donors in the required quantity and quality form.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Implementation of acquisitions campaigns:
- Under the orientation of the Fundraising Individual Giving Specialist, plan, manage, implement and report the acquisitions campaigns with the objective to acquire new pledge and cash donors, considering all means of payment (credit cards, direct debit, pix and utility bills);
- Develop and implement a hybrid F2F (Face to Face) team in Brazil in order to control the channel's indicators and results.
- Assist in the definition of objectives, strategies, contents, design, components of the marketing mix and timing to acquisition channels.
- Work with teams and partners to develop new business, stretch the current strategy and maintain the quality of the services delivered ensuring that productivity (quantity) meets the goals forecasted.
- Make sure that the acquisitions agencies are working in the proper environment and with the proper target, to bring the best donor profile into our database.
- Find opportunities to fundraise for emergencies.
- Improve donor's fulfilment and debit success by sharing and analyzing reports and supporting agency on the procedures to stimulate best practices.
- Improve quality in data collection such as e-mail addresses and opt-in for annual automatic readjustment by sharing results and supporting the implementation of trainings for the team.
- Plan and project volumes and produce materials to support the operators.
- Make sure that all CPTP (corporate pathway to pledge campaigns) activities with electricity distributors, banks, insurance companies and other sector partners are implemented and monitored in their own specific way, making sure that effectiveness and effectivity are secured.
- Plan, manage coordinate and report the Inbound Telemarketing campaigns generated by a DRTV or any mass media appeal, as well as those addressed to donors service.
- Assist in the definition of objectives, strategies, contents, design and timing of the inbound campaigns;
- Work with teams and partners to maintain the quality of the services delivered and ensure productivity and proper environment in order to bring the best donor profile into our data base.
- Suppliers’ relationship:
- Develop, draft, and maintain contracts information, monitoring reports and relationships with current and new acquisitions providers to strengthen results, in order to increase the income level.
- Assist in the development of new providers and maintain close collaboration with current acquisitions services providers.
- Assist in drafting and editing contracts, amendments and other documents as appropriate, following up administrative processes with Operations Sector. Monitor the contract implementation and assure on time payments.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of acquisitions campaigns to target audiences and participate in the evaluation of their impact.
- Review segmentation of target groups of donors and suggest new profiles aiming at increasing performance.
- Support and monitor the level of fulfilment and success in donations processing, analyzing and studying the best way to improve it.
- Return on investment and budget analysis and control. Assist in the reallocation of resources, calculation of campaign goals and marketing strategies.
- Undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful campaigns.
- Contributions for other PFP channels and activities to assure the best results in terms of acquiring new donors.
- Interact with colleagues responsible for operational and processing activities to ensure the correct functioning of the data base existing processes in order.
- Coordinate the work and provide orientation to the staff that provides trainings and run the motivation program for the acquisition’s teams.
- Work together with DRTV and Digital channels in order to convert in monthly donors the leads generated by those channels with the telemarketing operation.
- Work together with Retention channel in order to maximize donor value and retention rates with the acquisition operation.
- Work together with the corporate team to implement the acquisition of new donors originated by the "pathways ways to pledge” activities and events.
- Coordinate assignments of additional administrative duties and responsibilities:
- Assist on the preparation of periodical fundraising plans, reports, monitor and maintain control of records.
- Develop, organize and maintain up-to-date data, information, record documents and control plans for the monitoring of project implementation; maintain updated the library of fundraising reference materials.
- Effective leadership and supervision of the acquisition team.
- Provide necessary guidance and information to allow the team to accomplish the work plan.
- Provide guidance in terms of segmentation, codification, database clean up, set up and enrichment parameters.
- Ensure UNICEF Financial rules and regulations as well as completion of Performance Appraisals both own and that of all staff under supervision by deadlines.
- Use the system to different administrative and financial processes.
- Control income and expenditure.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
An university degree in one of the following fields is required: marketing, administration, or another relevant technical field.
Minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible work experience in contact centers, call center, direct marketing agencies, or individual fundraising areas.
- Experience developing sales strategies focused on commercial teams.
- Experience designing and implementing marketing strategies, upselling and cross-selling.
- Experience in multipurpose negotiations, with variable economic scenarios (cost based on result).
- Experience working with salesforce is an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese and Proficient English is required. Knowledge in Spanish will considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others, (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people).
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic. We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Should you be selected for a position with UNICEF, you either must be inoculated as required or receive a medical exemption from the relevant department of the UN. Otherwise, the selection will be cancelled.
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This position is presential and for Brazilians nationals only.