Fund Raising Associate (Corporate Alliance Aquisition), GS6, Brasilia, Brazil
Application deadline 2 months ago: Monday 17 Aug 2020
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, make a difference
The Corporate Partnerships team has ambitious fundraising targets and outcomes to be reached based on market potential and building on successful results of 2019. Our aim and vision are to develop, manage and enhance the fundraising potential of working with businesses in Brazil and a core part of achieving this vision is the Corporate Alliances (CA) acquisition team (new business).
After review, additional resource is being created to support the Acquisition (new business team) to embrace the new fundraising challenges and to reach the extra income success. The Corporate Alliances Acquisition Associate, in close collaboration with the Fundraising Officer NO2, will support the CA Acquisition (new business) team with a strategic focus on customer engagement and cause related marketing (CRM) alliance models. The role will have the objective to support the leverage of the flexible or non-fixed income fundraising potential to support both, the local and global UNICEF Programme.
For further information, please visit www.unicef.org.br
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Corporate Fundraising Officer (Acquisition), the Acquisition Associate will undertake supporting tasks for new business such as:
- Assist in specifying the pipeline and building corporate alliances focused on customer engagement and cause related marketing (CRM) models, but not exclusively in those formats.
- Support in the initial preparation of proposals with the new business team.
- Assist on the implementation of the alliances and on reaching planned results.
Join our team to be responsible for:
1) Implementation of corporate alliances focused on customer engagement and cause related marketing (CRM) models and other acquisition campaigns:
- Continuously map new corporate partnership opportunities, initiate contact with the companies’ focal points, and participate in the alliances’ prospecting processes;
- Proceed with the Geneva clearance process on potential and current donor companies on a weekly basis;
- Prepare and internally/externally approve the partnership contract; and keep corporate prospection planning documents update;
- Follow up the delivering of annual reports to the partners and support in the negotiation of renewal focusing on the best results for UNICEF;
- Support the planning and implementation processes of the corporate alliances campaigns by following up the milestones and results of it in collaboration with Market Services team;
- Approach partners during emergency campaigns to explore additional fundraising opportunities;
- Continuously research and test new and innovative ways of work to improve quality in results and to simplify procedures of processing the donations;
- Monthly searching about competitors’ corporate alliances mechanisms and good practices, evaluating replicability;
Fortnightly, support plan and project pitches and campaigns with Marketing Services support and other related areas, including outsourced agencies.
2) Suppliers relationship:
Assist and support in developing, drafting and maintaining contract information, monitoring reports and relationships with current and new providers involved in the corporate alliances through UNICEF;
- Assist the development of new providers and follow up biding processes with Operations Sector / RM&P Associate as required;
Ensure that the providers’ payments are due and delivered on time.
3) Monitoring and Evaluation:
Monitor and support the evaluation of the implementation of the corporate alliances campaigns to target audiences and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of each campaign materials/channels;
- Support and monitor the level of fulfilment and success in donations processing, by analyzing and studying the best way to improve it;
- Conduct the target and results analysis and control. Continuously monitoring campaign goals and marketing metrics related to the alliance;
Compile lessons learned and support the review of successful and unsuccessful campaigns.
4) Assignments of additional administrative duties and responsibilities:
Map potential companies from different segments and support on organizing the list of priority companies to be reached and prospected on a monthly basis;
- Research about the prospected companies and support the evaluation of fundraising opportunities;
- Assist the preparation of periodical corporate alliances fundraising reports, monitor and maintain control of records and results;
- Develop, organize and maintain up-to-date data, information, record documents and control plans for the monitoring of project implementation; maintains library of corporate alliances reference materials.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization. A University degree is desirable (Business Administration, International Relations, Publicity or Marketing);
- At least six years of professional experience related to corporate fundraising, social investment, partnership development, publicity, project promotion. In case of a higher degree (University bachelor’s degree or higher), it may be considered a substitute for some of the professional experience years required;
- Fluency in Portuguese and English. Knowledge of Spanish will be considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are Analyzing (II); Applying Technical Expertise (II); Planning and organizing (II); Following Instructions and Procedures (II); Relating and networking (I).
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates must be Brazilian citizens or have a valid work permit.
All candidates who wish to apply to this Vacancy Announcement are requested to prepare and submit their application in English.