Front Desk Assistant
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the Front Desk Assistant will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. You will be expected to accept payments for Immigration services, greet and direct visitors over the phone and in-person, notify staff of visitors’ arrivals or calls, and maintain the lobby and front desk.
We are looking for a cheerful and patient individual available on a full-time schedule.
· Provide phone assistance to NorCal Region including Oakland, Sacramento, Turlock/Modesto and San Jose
· Accept payment for Immigration services.
· Welcome and greet clients and guests in person or over the telephone; answer or refer inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
· Set appointments, check the voicemail system and send messages.
· Maintain up-to-date information on front desk processes and procedures.
· Keep lobby bulletin boards up-to-date with relevant information/flyers, and maintain a safe and clean reception area.
· Assist volunteer coordinator to train, supervise and schedule volunteers to help support the reception.
· Participate in program meetings and staff development activities as assigned.
· Support with light clerical duties like sorting and distributing mail.
· Align with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· One-year relevant work experience in administration and/or reception preferred.
· Ability to communicate well with people of multi-cultural backgrounds required.
· Independent self-starter and able to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks.
· Flexible and detail oriented.
· Speak in a clear and friendly manner on the phone; greet visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner when face-to-face.
· Excellent organization, customer service and time management skills.
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic computer skills including keyboard and data entry.
· Fluency in an additional language relevant to current refugee populations (Dari, Farsi, Pashto, or Spanish) strongly preferred.
Working Environment: Standard office working environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.