Job Overview: The Financial Coach will coordinate and provide financial counseling/coaching services for clients in programs across the local office.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide 1:1 financial coaching and counseling to a caseload of clients including creating a personal budget, establishing a bank account, taking out loans, and establishing credit, as well as advanced asset building topics, including analyzing credit reports, techniques to build credit, and debt reduction as needed
· Assess client needs and develop individual financial action plans with each client
· Provide individualized financial counseling sessions (including both initial and follow-up sessions) and achieve client outcomes. Make appropriate referrals and integrate other wraparound supports (i.e. benefits, tax preparation) into counseling to achieve greater results
· Support the creation of new workshops in budgeting, banking and credit.
· Ensure that all training requirements are met for participants in budgeting, cash management, savings, and credit building. Ensure that participants complete required training.
· Increase participant knowledge of financial services and credit offerings
· Coordinate with the Economic Empowerment Supervisor on external outreach to banks and other community members to assist with client achievement of financial navigation and coaching goals.
· Accurately track participant attendance, data, follow-up services, and outcomes in ETO.
· Successfully complete and pass CNM Certified Financial coach, participate in initial trainings and ongoing professional development trainings
· Follow all programmatic, contractual, donor requirements and IRC standards of practice
· Participate and attend community of practice (COP) calls for financial coaches
· Participate in financial capability wide events and initiatives
· Build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, banks, VITA tax sites, and community volunteers
· Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred; or combination of equivalent years of education and related work experience
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Experience with financial education, counseling and coaching
· High level of familiarity with U.S. credit and banking system and experience with personal budgeting, banking and credit counseling
· Demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds
· High level of comfort, functioning and effectiveness in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
· Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and computer literacy
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to make presentations
· Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks
· Fluency in English required. Proficiency in a refugee language an asset.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.