Finance Support Specialist
Application deadline 4 months ago: Friday 16 Sep 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the Overall Supervision of Sub Regional Coordinator, the incumbent will report to the Administration Officer.
The incumbent will provide financial support to the daily operations for FAO SAP.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain imprest accounts, reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office
- Assist with monitoring of country office and regular program budget by providing reports on budgetary performance of office accounts
- Manage Office petty cash
- Review payments to vendors for goods and services including calculating, inputting and checking payments for correctness and communicating discrepancies to supervisors; verify accuracy of data;
- Brief and assist newly arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance;
- Prepare correspondence of administrative and financial nature, draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters as required.
- Generate expenditure reports from computerized information system databases, ie iMIS
- Support in the preparation/finalization of budget performance reports, carrying out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures;
- Use initiative and judgment in the disposition of queries by applying good knowledge of established procedures and available information, liaising on technical matters with subject matter officers, provide guidance to other general services staff dealing with finance;
- Maintain close liaison with personnel in regards of issues related to finance and administrative matter
- Review with the supervisor problems and discrepancies related to assigned actions;
- Support the streamlining of procedures and practices and the introduction of new information technologies to the office.
- Support requirements during audit exercises and implement improvement opportunities;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- National or resident of the country of assignment with a valid working permit;
- University degree in a field related to business management or public administration, finance, accounting, social science or other relevant field;
- 5 years of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement