Over 80 years ago, Albert Einstein helped create the International Rescue Committee (IRC). Today, we are a leading humanitarian and development organization working in more than 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The IRC has been present in Liberia since 1996 serving as a lead partner in the health sector. The country program supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in strengthening the health care systems and service delivery at all levels in accordance with the MOH national standards.
In recent years, IRC Liberia has deepened its commitment to supporting both local civil society organizations and community groups in their recovery efforts - first from the devastating civil war and now from the Ebola crisis. The Supporting the roll out and promoting the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine in Liberia project will support the Ministry of Health (MoH) at national, County and District level to implement the National Vaccine Deployment Plan (NVDP).
Scope of Work
The IRC has entered into a 12-month agreement with Concern Worldwide as prime in a European Union (‘EU’) grant, for Supporting the roll out and promoting the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine in Liberia. This project will help the GoL roll out and promote the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine, through technical assistance, social behavior changed communication support and operational supports. This project will increase the COVID-19 uptakes in underserved districts and strengthening communities’ capacity to encourage citizens to get vaccinated and monitor their wellbeing. This action will result in reduced COVID-19 related morbidity and mortality amongst the population.
Duties and Responsibilities
Document Review and Control
Field Office Monitoring, Training & Support
- Acting as the primary liaison for the project office staff for policy or procedure questions. - Providing training to County Program and admin staffs on IRC Financial procedures and requirements, assists the County admin and program staffs in finance related issues and activities.
Balance Sheet Accounts
- Extracting balance sheet account reconciliations for the project on a timely basis ensuring differences or discrepancies are brought to the attention of the project Finance & Admin Director/AFC and that appropriate action is taken. - Reconciling Advance Tracking Sheets with the balance sheet reconciliation
- Review of Payroll documents such as Time sheets, overtime reports, Staff allowances reports, staff per diems and all other payroll related reports to ensure accuracy and, adequate support documentation. - Submitting the reviewed payroll reports for Staff to the project Finance & Admin Director for review in time for all staff to be paid by the last day of the month. - Payment of cash to Incentive Staff and Volunteers and in time for all staff to receive their pay by the last day of the month. - Payment of cash for hardship allowances, salary advances, staff per-diems and any other allowances as approved to Staff and distributed to the required staff in time.
- The field finance staff will be the project first finance liaison with the partner(s) in training, reviewing partners’ financial report, and supporting in the partners’ monitoring. Sr. finance officer on the field with support the SCHC in the follow sub-partners’ activities: - Partners financial report review at the field level before submission to the Country Office for final review. - Following up with partners’ finance on outstanding issue. - Partners’ share cost allocation at the field level. - Serve as finance first representative in all partners’ monitoring process on the field. - Support in the local partner’s capacity building in the finance area. - Serve as liaison to the local partners for questions relating to IRC financial principles and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, CPA, or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
- Minimum of two (3) years of accounting experience. - Experienced with various PC and financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages, SUN System will be a plus).
Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, management, and employees. - Ability to work independently in to ensure optimal functioning of the Finance operations. - Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. - Ability to work in and as a team involving a diversity of cultures and languages.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.