Finance Assistant- Baghdad
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Finance Assistant is responsible to assist the Finance Officer and Senior finance officer and ensure that all accounts source records are properly and accurately recorded, and all records are filed or stored in good order according to set guidelines and procedures. The Finance Assistant is responsible for the proper security of cash disbursement and cash on hand in his/her possession.
The post holder will be expected to support other departments in the operation to ensure that the entire department complements the financial operation to enhance operation effectively. Finance Assistant should be an honest, hardworking and a reliable person.
· Visit banks for all IRC related business issues and maintain good relations with bank Officials.
· Monthly submission of social security documents and payments and properly maintain the archiving of the submitted documents.
· Monthly submission of staff income tax payment and maintain the archiving of related submitted documents.
· Preparing cheques and Bank Letters for approved payments and release them to vendors.
· Printing the documents of the end month closing and collecting the supporting documents of the JVs.
· Make sure all cost allocation tools are signed and uploaded to the relevant Links at monthly basis.
· Following BVA system and updating the status of the submitted payments by supply chain by mark it paid after releasing cheque and letter
· Updating the tracking sheet of the payments.
· Follow-up with the main and field offices about any missing vouchers and receive original field vouchers and document.
· Ensure that all vouchers have all supporting documentation (approval notes, goods received notes, contracts, invoices, receipts, etc.) Before releasing cheques, Bank Letter or cash PMNT.
· Ensure all supporting documents of the payment vouchers are stamped with PAID, First Beneficiary Stamp according to SOP set for it.
· Make sure that all supporting documents of sub-grants’ financial reports are properly archived.
· Make sure that all month end JVs are properly reviewed, approved, scanned, as well as fully backed up with supporting documents.
· Make sure that all vouchers from the field offices are properly scanned and archived in a systemic manner on the IRC’s server. As well as all approved JVs and SPC calculation are scanned and archived.
· Ensure that physical cash, checks, blank check books and other important documents are properly safe guarded in the office’s safe.
· Support in audit process by pulling out the document.
· Participate in professional development activities, as needed, or requested.
· Perform other duties, as needed and/or requested by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Officer Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Finance Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC programs and Operations
External: Banks and governmental departments
· Relevant Higher national diploma or university degree, fresh graduate, Bachelor’s degree or diploma with 0-2 years of experience in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any related field.
· 0-2 year’s previous professional experience as an Accountant, Finance Assistant, preferably with an INGO.
· Good command of English Language, both writing and speaking.
· Good knowledge in MS Office package including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
· Able to communicate clearly and confidently with people from different backgrounds.
· A time player, able to work under pressure and able to multi-task.
· Flexible, hardworking, honest, and trustworthy.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org****.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.