Facility Management Assistant
Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 28 Dec 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Field Administrative Officer (FAO), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support Field Administrative Officer (FAO) by working with different relevant sections to build the capacity of UNMISS facility management while ensuring compliance to Safety & Security rules and regulations;
- Assist the FAO by providing suggestions on allocating of offices/accommodations space for UN agencies in UNMISS camp;
- Coordinate and supervise delivery of services from third party contractors. Ensure submission of accommodation occupancy reports on a weekly/monthly basis; operate the accommodation allocation database by verifying the priority date and data entering into the system;
- Arranging schedules for repair and maintenance of the facilities; create and submit Engineering Work Request to Engineering section and follow up or monitor work in progress;
- Ensure all GSS related supply items are available and accessible to clients; Oversee and ensure distributions of services and equipment are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner;
- Overlook the safety of the camp from both hygienic and security perspective. Environmental issues will be the core of these activities when dealing with the garbage and used water Monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the camp; ensure that the services delivered promote hygiene and occupational safety for all staff and camp residents;
- Supervise proper garbage collection and disposal done by the contractor in coordination with Transport and Security Sections and TCCs while maintaining records on volume of disposal;
- Facilitate and monitor the fumigation and pest control activities done by contractor;
- Contribute to the analysis of camp situation and staff members’ needs, dynamics and resources by regular visits to different sites in the camp;
- Assist the FAO with preparation of welfare proposal fund / accountability financial report for any welfare events Supervise the Welfare cafeteria’s for smooth operation and address challenge and provide support to the vendors in ordering of food ration from ESKO;
- Report day-to-day management of a UN base and provision of support to Mission Support Department (MSD) clients;
- Maintain inventory of equipment in the Facilities Management and Welfare Units. Coordinate Cargo Movement Requests and Supplies from HQ. Any other duties assign by the Field Administrative Officer ( FAO).
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Administration, Facility management or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in Administration, Facility, camp and compound maintenance and management;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development and the UN System;
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 vehicles.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Facility, camp and compound maintenance and management
Area of expertise details:
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.);
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28-12-2020