External Relations & Partnerships Officer
Application deadline 4 months ago: Sunday 1 May 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
The World Health Organization (WHO) African Region has embarked on a new Global Programme of Work (GPW13) and a new Programme Budget (2020 -2021). Through these two strategic documents, the region aims to deliver public health outcomes through an integrated results-based structure.
The new focus of our work will be at the country level where we aim to reach the triple billion goal of 1 billion more people covered, 1 billion more protected and 1 billion more healthier populations. In this regard, the UN Volunteers can work at the Regional Office based in the Republic of Congo, Brazzaville or in any of our 47 country offices.
The areas of work that can be covered include: communicable and non-communicable diseases, healthier populations, health systems and information, emergency preparedness and response, data collection and management, family and reproductive health, programme support and administration.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of the WHO Country Office or the External Relations & Partnership lead or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
• Assist in maintaining and developing partnerships with external stakeholders;
• Significantly increase WHO's engagement with non-state actors;
• Ensure that WHO maintains leadership of Health technical and financial partners;
• Ensure better integration of WHO within the UN system;
• Support the overall activities related to mobilization of resources, grants management, funding needs and gaps and the awards process. Maintain project calendars and milestones; analyses information on project activities and monitors progress towards targets using various project management databases; Liaise with relevant team leads to validate the location and status of all resources
• In coordination with the Communication Officer, effectively utilizes the communication products to inform donors about both Health Sector and WHO’s strategies and work to encourage them to fund the overall health sector response to affected populations and to WHO’s strategic plans and proposals;
• Assist technical staff to draft high quality reports and ensure timely submission;
• Provide support on donor related documents as required; • Research on donors and maintain extensive data on governmental, foundations and corporate donors and potential donors up to date • Arrange visits and meetings with donors and prepare briefing notes. • Perform other duties as required or assigned by the supervisor
Professionalism, Integrity, Teamwork and respect for diversity, Commitment to continuous learning, Planning and organizing, Communication, Flexibility, Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement
the national and/or international level experience in grant management, donor funding, proposal development, and resource mobilization. - Desirable:. Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing; Experience in WHO or other UN organizations would be an asset.
Skills: Excellent excel and power point skills; good management, communications, resource mobilization, partnership management, public relations and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; ability to work with tight deadlines
It should be noted that only females of African nationality aged 22 to 35 will be considered for this assignment.
The UNV will be based in Moroni in Grande Comore with travel possibilities in the other islands (Anjouan or Mohéli) if necessary. Inter-island travel is by plane and at the expense of the project. Two accommodation options: at the hotel whose price varies between 30 and 50 USD or private house rental for an average cost of 400 USD (furnished). The cost of urban transport by collective taxi costs 1 USD and interurban between 1 and 3 USD. Official travel will be provided by the project vehicle. Comoros is in phase 2, a security clearance request is mandatory (DSS.un.org). The standard of living is quite high because the Union of the Comoros imports most of the basic products (rice, sugar, milk, etc.). The average cost of a restaurant meal is $ 15.