External Adv: Programme Associate, GS-6, Jakarta, Indonesia, for Indonesians only
Application deadline in 7 days: Wednesday 8 Dec 2021 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,566 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in JakartaThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 22,408,167 IDR (~1,566 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health
UNICEF Indonesia is seeking for Programme Associate under Temporary Appointment to support Health Section in the area of administrative and financial work related. The assignment is effective on 1 January 2022 for 364 days.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of Immunization Specialist, the Programme Associate will support the Health Section with administrative and financial work related.
Work Assignment Overview:
1. Support the Health Section in the creation, monitoring, and payment of contracts with individual vendors.
2. Monitor budget allocation and expenditures for the implementation of COVID-19 Vaccine introduction and roll-out
3. Support the procurement of necessary COVID-19 Vaccine supplies
4. Provide administrative support to the UN Volunteers and consultants based in Jakarta and field offices, including their travel and payment processing
5. Assist in the preparation of Supply Plan, work-plan, and BAST
6. Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
7. Support the programme section in researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from various sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery and preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
8. Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and make amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
9. Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section, including but not limited to registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
10. Prepare program monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
11. Regular monitor budgets and financial expenditures of the health section by employing appropriate tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
12. Help prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to optimise the use of programme funds.
13. Support capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Familiarity with UNICEF/UN Harmonized Approach of Cash Transfer (HACT) is considered an asset.
- Experience using UNICEF/UN software such as VISION and SharePoint is considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong office management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or other local language is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate.
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. For information on compensation and benefits provided by UNICEF, please see the following link: https://www.unicef.org/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.