EXTENDED DEADLINE: Technical Specialist, Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS), Madagascar, P-4
Application deadline 2 days ago: Saturday 2 Dec 2023 at 17:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-4 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 120,080 USD and 154,819 USD.
Salary for a P-4 contract in AntananarivoThe international rate of 90,970 USD, with an additional 32% (post adjustment) at this the location, applies. Please note that depending on the location, a higher post adjustment might still result in a lower purchasing power.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-4 contracts and their salaries.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative, who provides overall direction and supervision, and will work in close collaboration with the Easter and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO), the Commodity Security Branch (CSB), based on an approved annual work plan. As the Technical Specialist for the RHCS and health systems, s/he will work within an integrated, coordinated, and systems-strengthening approach that is fundamental for UNFPA overall strategy.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Master's degree in public health, medicine, social sciences, pharmacy or other related fields. Additional postgraduate certificates in logistics, essential drugs, health system strengthening and financing would be an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years experience in increasing responsibilities at the national level in SRH ideally, in logistics systems, public sector pharmaceutical supplies management of which 5 years experience should be in developing countries with direct experience relating to health and logistics systems and management of family planning programmes.
- Knowledge of public sector pharmaceutical program management at the national level, especially in policy & management, Selection, Access, Quality Assurance, and Rational Drug Use is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of supply management: forecasting, warehousing, distribution, transportation, and logistics information systems.
- Health sector-specific experience, including Experience with Public Health systems in developing countries, Health Commodity Supply Market, Logistics and inventory management related to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, based on sound Supply Chain Management countries principles.
- General knowledge of the principles and operational aspects of integrated reproductive healthcare.
- Proven experience in managing complex programs and large-scale projects would be an asset.
Fluency in French and English is required.