Executive Management Coordinator to the Executive Director for People & Organisation
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 21 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Do you want to be close to the decisions in one of the world’s largest and leading INGOs? Do you want to support DRC in the mission of a dignified life for all refugees and displaced? The Executive Director and the management team for People & Organisation (P&O) is looking for a proactive and talented Management Support Coordinator who enjoys a mix of administrative tasks and more challenging tasks and projects.
Who are we?
The Department of People & Organisation supports DRC as an organisation with people, technology, safeguarding and internal communication. We support our core business and ensure that we can respond in accordance with our mandate, values and culture.
People & Organisation gathers HR, IT, Code of Conduct and Internal communication in one because these are core elements to become a successful organisation with engaged employees so we can support people of concern in the best possible way.
About the job
You will perform a variety of tasks to support the Executive Director and the P&O management team in their overall leadership and management responsibilities, and support coordination and communication within and outside of the department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily support and sparring for the Executive Director, the Head of IT (CIO) and the management team
- Prepare high-quality analyses, agendas, minutes and decision-making materials for management meetings in P&O and other meetings
- Administrative tasks such as arranging and following up on various meetings in the Department
- Follow up on selected actions, support initiatives, and when necessary be the proactive coordinating body on implementation of management decisions in the department and across departments when necessary
- Ensure documentation and information management of decisions and organizational processes
- Prepare communication from the Executive Director and the management team such at meetings, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Support the Executive Director with the budget process
- Responsible and engaged in cross-departmental priorities and work processes, as required
- Planning and coordination of various projects and events
- Ad hoc practical support e.g. setting up meetings, buying flowers, gifts etc.
We expect responsibilities and tasks to develop over time according to your competencies and organizational needs.
To undertake this role, we expect you to have strong generalist competencies, but above all a structured and proactive service minded attitude. You should be able to establish oversight, take initiative, and be comfortable working with top management.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Excellent coordination skills
- Proactive and strong collaborations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deal with (sometimes confidential) management information
- Experience and interest in working with digital solutions e.g. excellent user of the Microsoft suite
- Good understanding or interest in budget processes
- Effective communication skills including digital communications
- Academic degree (bachelor or masters)
- Experience working within large, global companies or organisations
- Excellent English and Danish language skills – written and oral
- Demonstrated experience with supporting strategic processes and understanding of basic project management skills
- Flair for numbers
- Experience from the humanitarian/NGO sector
Workplace: Borgergade 10, Copenhagen, Denmark
Start date: 1 October 2022 The position is permanent
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the union agreement between DRC and AC. The position is on “fuldmægtig”-level. This is a national position for which local terms and conditions apply.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications: 21 August 2022. We expect to conduct the first round of interviews Tuesday 23 August.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Executive Director for People & Organisation, Mads Egeskov Sørensen, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state a telephone number as Mads might choose to call you instead of writing back to you.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.