Executive Department Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide senior level office management support to the MENA Regional Office including managing diverse and complex office logistics, calendaring and archiving. - Organize all inter-departmental meetings inclusive of developing and distributing comprehensive agendas, taking notes and following up on action plans as required. - Follow up on travel details, visas, accommodations, and coordinate schedules for visitors to the region as required. - Follow up on onboarding needs for new regional team members. - Provide high-level administrative support to the Regional Vice President inclusive of managing the calendar, providing support in email management, managing travel and tracking key initiatives. - Gracefully and diplomatically represent IRC internally and externally.
- Maintain and update the region’s external contact list as well as the internal regional mailing lists. - Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, produce polished written communication both in Arabic and English. - Provide high-quality translation services from English to Arabic and vice versa as required. - Support in the preparation of internal communication as requested by Regional Vice President and Regional Management Team.
- Develop and manage comprehensive MENA Regional calendars, including internal and external events. - Contribute to the flawless execution of critical engagements/events in the region run by IRC, ensuring seamless logistics and stakeholder support. Organize and execute regional conferences and workshops as assigned, inclusive of arranging suitable dates, times, venues, travel, catering, and reconciliation of expenses against approved budgets. - Capture key takeaways from events and follow up on action items.
- Oversee office space planning and serve as a liaison with the Support Services Unit and other departments to plan and organize effective office space. - Identify gaps and manage systems/ process improvement to enhance the efficiency of regional inter-departmental work. - Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, assist with other departmental needs and special projects.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: MENA Regional Vice President Position directly supervises: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- MENA Regional Leads and Support Services Unit
- Country Programs Teams: Country Directors and Senior Management Teams
- Frequent contact with HQ & Global Staff
INGO Counterparts, Legal Counsel, Governmental & official entities.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field.
Work Experience: 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role supporting senior executives, in an INGO preferably in a regional office setting.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to work effectively across and within a large, complex non-profit organization, both laterally and vertically, and diplomatically communicate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment; - Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and efficiently organize the workflow of a fast-paced team; - Proven attention to details: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately; - Solid writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondence in both English and Arabic; - Strong visual skills: the ability to assist with preparation of charts and graphs in Excel and PowerPoint; - Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and independently; - Trustworthy with an ability in maintaining confidential information; - Strong computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and to adapt to new applications.
Language Skills: English and Arabic language proficiency is a must.