Electoral Advisor (Civic Education and Training)
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 30 May 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the senior electoral officer, the incumbent will be in charge to help the competent electoral authorities to conceive all tools of civic education on the set of the electoral process on the national territory. In close collaboration with the national electoral body, the volunteer will:
- Facilitate and help the National Elections Authority (ANE) members in their capacity reinforcement. - Support the members of the local structures of the ANE in organizing meetings with key social authorities at the prefectures and local levels (traditional authorities, religious authorities and political authorities and women groups) to inform them about the election process, the ANE, and the civic & voter education campaign. - Support the members of the local structures of the ANE in the development of civic and voter education campaign. - Support / assist the members of the local structures of the ANE in the implementation of sensitization and information activities on the electoral process, the voting procedure etc.… - Support the members of the local structures of the ANE in developing a cooperation networks with the NGO’s. - Assist through the members of the local structures of the ANE provincial office of the Independent Electoral Commission, the NGO in the conception of sensitization activities towards the population. - Support in the development of sensitization and civic / voter education material. - Ensure monitoring and give a feedback to headquarters on the civic education activities in the field. - Support the implementation of training/briefing trainers on civic education when required. - Collaborate in preparing the electoral division field office SitReps. - Encouraging, mobilizing and supporting co-workers, fellow UN Volunteers and members of the local community to play an active part in development on a voluntary basis; - Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Master's degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, law, public administration or other related domains, or certified professional training equivalent and sanctioned through a diploma and complemented by professional experience in electoral/civic education.
At least 3 years of experience in the electoral domain, in particular in developing countries, the experience acquired in the field of multilateral or international missions being privileged. Teamwork: ability to interact, to establish and to maintain efficient communicatins with the colleagues, the hierarchical superior as well with people hailing from different cultures, to maintain good working relations with respect for diversity.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Election management, Election support activities, Community participation and development
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 30-05-2021