Education Assistant Bangladesh Cox's Bazar Ukhiya (Bangladeshi National Only)
Application deadline 2 days ago: Tuesday 28 Nov 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 3 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 3 (NRC) contracts.
Our Ideal Candidate
The role of the Education assistant position is to assist in the implementation of youth education activities, supporting the learning process, conducting field outreach with the community, and monitoring day-to-day implementation and coordination with the Education Officers.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Education Coordinator, facilitate awareness raising, sensitization, orientation, and assistance activities in accordance with the standard operating procedures, guidelines, and instructions.
- Assist in implementing the programme in the assigned location; she/he is directly responsible for the quality and timely implementation of all planned activities and achievement of the targets set; she/he has the obligation to timely flag potential challenges and risks and request for support.
- Create a safe classroom/ learning centre environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children and youth both inside and outside the centre.
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to Incentive workers (e.g. trainers) and evaluates individual performance.
- Ensures monitoring of the progress of activities of assigned incentive workers and ensures they are implemented conform planning and quality standards.
- Take part in mobilization and conducting of needs assessments, studies and research using focus group discussions, interviews, and questionnaires.
- Conducts outreach activities within the camps and serve as a link between NRC programs and the local community.
- Contribute to preparation of relevant documents and material.
- Ensure the monitoring and quality check of the NRC activities conducted in the assigned location by contributing to data collection, data entry, documentation, data analysis and drafting of regular activity implementation and monitoring reports, as per NRC log frame and donor requirements.
- Monitor the inventory and alert officer when more education materials are needed.
- Supports training programs to contribute to sector-wide educational improvements and curricular activities.
- Establish excellent relations with beneficiaries and key stakeholders including understanding the needs of beneficiaries through regular visits and frequent contact.
Key Education and Skills Requirements:
- 01 years of relevant working experience Cox’s Bazar camp context
- Bachelors/Diploma in education or social sciences OR a proven capacity to work with youth/child or in a humanitarian setting.
- Professional fluency in the Bangla language (ability to communicate in Chittagonian dialect)
- Knowledge of Burmese language an asset
- Experience from working in a local or international NGOs in support of refugee populations is an asset.
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates, particularly local candidates, from the Cox’s Bazar area. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Contract period: 12 months (extendable)
Expected Start Date: 01-January-2024
Duty Station: Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and allowances as per NRC’s salary scale, Life and medical insurance, maternity leaves and allowances, festival bonus, annual and others leave, etc.