Economic Recovery Assistant (National)
Application deadline 7 months ago: Saturday 26 Feb 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
The DRC/DDG Somalia Programme is the largest programmes in East Africa region and has been providing relief and development services since 1997. DRC/DDG is among the INGOs with the largest presence in Somalia, with country-wide programmes implemented through six main sub offices in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiran Region, Gedo Region, Bay Region and Banadir Region. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for the overall implementation of Food Security Livelihoods implementation activities of Cash programming, CFW, SMEs and VST, VSLS, Microfinance, and Agriculture.
• Responsible for assisting and supporting Food security & Livelihoods implementation activities and interventions for DRC Jowhar • Participate in the overall implementation, coordination, and LA and community engagement, beneficiary mobilization, and selection of fishery activities, SMEs, VST, and microfinance in the intervention areas. • Facilitate liaison with community-based organizations and coordinate with community leaders in identifying target groups for DRC FSL activities in urban and IDP settlements. • Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of the project and provide timely inputs, feedback, and impact of the DRC FSL interventions to PSTL/Livelihood Officer • Play an important role in the realization of project outputs and outcomes through timely implementation of activities in a well-planned, organized and coordinated manner • Ensure equal participation by all segments of the community, taking into consideration issues regarding gender, age, and clan affiliation • Together with your supervisor, participate in gathering basic information about the community/cluster of villages which will help easy implementation of the planned activities Responsible for the implementation of Agricultural and provide technical support to farmers at the field level and advice on agricultural activities. • Plan and prepare agricultural project needs including Agro farming tools, seeds, and fertilizers applications for beneficiaries. And also train the beneficiaries for Land preparation, post-harvesting, and good practices for storage of crop yield • Guiding village committee and Community Project Implementation unit and on the adherence to the project policies and procedures. • Ensure that DRC’s objectives and approaches are well disseminated to raise awareness amongst beneficiaries ensuring all project procedures and policies on project implementation are followed. • Provide advice, backstopping, conduct and facilitate training on through appropriate methodology. • Responsible community empowering to enable them to manage their issues by themselves and be able to sustain projects • Assist and facilitate the needs assessment survey of IDPs and urban poor areas in collaboration with others Staff, INGO’s and or government.
• Participate in carrying out participatory needs assessment within the target population in the DRC area of intervention. • In liaison with sector heads set criteria of eligibility for beneficiaries. Select and record through filing system beneficiaries profile and support. • Planning activities (quarterly plan/objectives; monthly plan and weekly movement planning) to focus on the expected results. • Ensure quality programming through capacity building and training. • Analyze and propose solutions/improvements or new directions for the smooth running of the current and future programs. • Participate in follow-up, monitoring, and evaluation exercises as scheduled or otherwise. • Responsible for managing risk associated with cash-related implementation program activities.
Logistic and administration
• Responsible for organizing the necessary logistic (transport, accommodation, meals, etc). • Submit weekly movement plans to the Project Team Leader/Officer. • Follow up order requests and give suggestions to the Project Support Team leader for validation.
Reporting and communication
• Identify and inform the Team Leader of any problems or constraints. • Represent the organization in meeting with beneficiaries. • Promote systematically DRC mandate and humanitarian principles to other stakeholders/partner agencies at all times. • Develop weekly activity and movement planning and submit to area manager and logistic officer. • Develop monthly work plan /activities/objectives and submit to Project Support TL/Livelihood Officer. • Submit weekly/monthly activities report and work plan (objectives/movement/activities) to Project Support-team leader/Livelihood Officer.
Experience, Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• 3 years of experience within the field of Livelihoods, scope registrations, community mobilization, and others. • Bachelor or Diploma of public health, public admin, Business administration, or relevant degree. • Computer literacy and statistical data management • Strong understanding of basic training in Livelihood programming, participatory training methods, community mobilizations, and networking • Effective and timely implementation of all interventions outlined under output and any other related and cross-cutting program activities related to Livelihoods • Working experience and knowledge of the local duty station • Able to adapt to changing situations as required. • Able to work well under pressure and in adverse condition
• Proficiency in Somali is required • Good command of the English language (written and spoken) essential.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies: Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results through the country team both to position DRC and ensure excellence in all deliverables. Collaborating: You lead initiatives at country operation level by involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback. Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation. Communicating: You listen to beneficiaries, staff and other stakeholders; and you communicate concisely and persuasively Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values and set a very clear standard for your country team members..
Availability: March 2022
Duty station: Jowhar
Reporting to: Team Leader-Project Support
Duration: 7 Month with possibility of extension based on performance and funding
Contract: This position is graded as Band NM-I2 for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
The position is open to NATIONALS ONLY
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 26th February 2022.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport