Application deadline in 1 day: Friday 25 Jun 2021
This is a No grade contract. More about No grade contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for the managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transportations in the contexts of an enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES 1. Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of diplomatic Pouch, documents and other items; 2. Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required ; 3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc; 4. Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean; 5. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc and fills in th Monthly vehicle data form at the end of the month.; 6. Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident; 7. Works and presents himself / herself in a professional manner in line with the WHO code of conduct. 8. Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned by the supervisor REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education Essential: At least Completion of Secondary School education or equivalence training. Desirable: A basic mechanics certificate would be an advantage.
Experience Essential: At least two years working experience as a driver. Desirable: UN driving experience would be an advantage.
Skills Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions. • Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs. • Ability to work in a team • Knowledge of software technology (use of MS Word and MS Excel) • First Aid Training will be an added advantage
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Desirable:
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.