Driver & Log/Admin
Application deadline 1 year ago: Thursday 23 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of UN-Habitat Iraq or his/her designated mandated representative(s), and reporting the UN-Habitat LSA Log/Admin in Basra, the UNV Driver – Log/Amin will:
Driving and Vehicle Maintenance:
- Provide reliable, safe and secure driving services to the authorized personnel inside and outside the Green Zone within the southern governorates; Trips to/from Baghdad might be required;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- Ensure proper storage and provision of PPEs (Personal Protection Equipment) and have them available for Red Zone missions.
- Responsible for first aid kit preparation and maintenance;
- Ensure proper use of official vehicles through the accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.; Perform minor repairs and arrange for changes of vehicle fluids and parts as needed;
- Maintain vehicle maintenance plans/reports and ensure the periodic servicing of the vehicle in accordance with its scheduled time or mileage limit performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs as needed and keep records of major repairs.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and out;
- Ensure that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident and report any accident or hazardous activity to the UN-Habitat LSA.
- Expected to use discretion, initiative and sound judgment in planning and scheduling routes and follows the advice of the senior staff in the vehicle.
- Keep high security awareness and report the suspicious activity and actions of individuals both entering the Basra Green Zone as well as those waiting for the escort
- Train and advise UN-Habitat team on the use of vehicle radio and first aid kit as required;
When travelling on missions, responsible for radio communication in reporting to base stations upon departing and arriving at all designated security points.
Support the LSA – Log/Admin with submission of paperwork, follow up, liaison, and other as necessary and relevant to the post.
Logistics and Administration:
- Prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff; draft routine correspondence;
- Maintain files of rules and regulations, logistics and administrative instructions and other related documentation; maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic);
- Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for meetings, seminars, conferences, training, etc. and support translation as needed;
- Facilitate basic logistics and administrative processes, including the request of quotations and analysis of pro-forma invoices, as well as related miscellaneous clerical duties;
Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Educational additional comments
- Secondary school diploma
- Applicants must be a resident of Basra Governorate and may be asked to provide a copy of Residence ID card as evidence.
- Must possess a valid Iraq driver’s license
- Ability to drive an armoured vehicle is required.
- Previous experience as a professional driver for an international organization.
- Previous experience with logistics and administration is required.
- Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Knowledge of minor vehicle repairs and maintenance and emergency requirements such as changing a tire.
- Experience in the UN common system and its procedures is an asset.
- Sound security awareness is desirable.
- Minimum age criteria established at 22 years of age.
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise details
- Proficiency in use of computers and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc…)
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Iraq and legal residents in Iraq with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Application deadline: 23-09-2021