To provide all necessary safe driving and fleet management in support to the field project activities in Lodwar field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply Chain Vehicle and Equipment requirements as per the Manual.
- IRC Drivers are responsible for - The safe transportation of IRC personnel - The safe transportation of IRC materials - The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories - Accurate filling and on vehicles onboard documentation. - Reporting
Assets and Equipment Management
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment under you are well maintained - Ensure that all assets that allocated to individuals under you are signed off equipment issue form provided by the supply chain officer in charge of asset management - Ensure that all IRC premises under you are well maintained - Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and advice transport officer in preparation for the necessary documentation for sign off approval when an asset changes its status within the transport department.
Safety and Security
- To ensure that staff operate in a safe and secure working environment. - To ensure that the IRC vehicle(s) assigned to you have all the safety requirements for movement. - To ensure that there are fully stocked First Aid Kits available in all IRC Vehicles - To ensure regular security check with the senior field safety and security officer before authorizing any movement out of the field.
Key Result Areas
- Adhering strictly to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers. - Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks, accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet. - Keeping vehicles cleaned, fueled, and mechanically maintained. - Checking and maintaining all vehicle accessories advising the Transport Officer of any defects or problems. - Updating vehicles on board tools, equipment including, jacks, spare wheels, wheel spanners, stereo, VHF/HF radios.
- O level of education - Valid driving license - Written and spoken English - Pass score on IRC driving test
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Demonstrable ability in the following competencies: - Two years work as a professional driver - No road safety-related fines or convictions - Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations - Skills in minor vehicle repair - Competent in spoken and written English - Basic numeracy - Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment - Team spirit and problem-solving abilities - Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.