Digital Literacy Specialist
The Digital Literacy Specialist implements IRC’s Digital Literacy Program by equipping IRC Wichita clients with core digital literacy skills and access to necessary resources and opportunities to be self-sufficient. They provide clients with culturally and linguistically competent direct literacy programs and services. From what a computer is, to how to create an email account, to creating a resume using Microsoft Words, the Digital Literacy Specialist develops curriculums to empower clients’ abilities to use technology and reduce barriers to achieve their goals. The specialist also collaborates with colleagues to ensure clients’ connection to Wi-Fi service.
- Develop a Digital literacy training series; - Collaborate with IRC Wichita direct service staff to implement and refine the Digital Literacy training series in response to evolving population needs; - Collaborate with community partners to engage in comprehensive digital asset mapping; - Work with colleagues to develop and implement the Vocational English Language Training (VELT) curriculum; - Conduct digital skills development one-on-one sessions and integrated instruction within workshops and trainings; - Conduct client assessments and track data in ETO; - Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained; - Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other IRC staff and volunteers as part of the review, evaluation and program maintenance process; - Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities; - Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field strongly preferred; or mix of equivalent years of related work experience and education;
- Prior experience working with refugee, immigrant and low-income populations preferred;
· 1+ years’ experience with instruction/training, client counseling, case management, or coaching preferred;
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· High level of familiarity with digital literacy, inclusion, and access efforts required;
· High level of familiarity in using information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information;
- Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds preferred; - Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and maintain responsibility for multiple tasks;
- Excellent organizational skills; - Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a high aptitude in making in-person and web-based presentations;
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.