Digital Communications Consultant
Application deadline 6 months ago: Sunday 31 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
Since 2001, the UNDP programme in Cyprus has been delivering mainly EU funded interventions, to support Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots on confidence building measures by encouraging dialogue and cooperation, and supporting the development of environmental, economic and social infrastructure on the island.
As such UNDP in Cyprus provides a diverse package of programmatic services to a range of partners which contribute to building a conducive environment for the peace process. In particular, the implementation of confidence building measures contributes to the building of trust between the two communities while demonstrating to the public at large that the communities can work together on critical issues that are of importance to all inhabitants of Cyprus across three focus areas:
- Empowering communities to protect cultural heritage
- Strengthening inter-communal mechanisms
- Improving environmental, social and economic infrastructure
Within this context, UNDP is seeking a Digital Communications Consultant to who will provide technical expertise to boost the visibility on search engines of UNDP Cyprus and associated platforms and provide analytics reports to assess our online and digital performance. In addition, the consultant will be tasked with developing content and reaching target audience via our website, social media presence and additional media, video and graphic design tasks, where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Programme Manager/ Head of Office and the and direct supervision of the Programme and Communications Analyst the Digital Communications Consultant will support the developing appropriate digital communications products and conduct activities that ensure effective communication with targeted audience(s) in line with UNDP and donor visibility requirements through production of the following outputs
The following outputs/deliverables are expected from the consultancy:
The indicative due dates for the below deliverables are from August 2022 – January 2023, which will be agreed together with the contract supervisor.
Output 1 – Media Monitoring - Monthly reports on daily media monitoring from August 2022 until January
Output 2 - Drafting and distributing of Press Releases/ Finalized Press release and list of distribution outlets on Monthly basis.
Output 3 - Updating/ maintaining UNDP and related partner websites including uploading of finalized material (creation of a new page on the website. The monthly report on websites updates and maintenance must include screenshots of all related activity.
Output 4 - Drafting of relevant content including, Speeches, Factsheets, web stories. Monthly report on content drafted including final version of all content produced must be submitted.
Output 5 - Preparing monthly social media and web Analytics. Monthly report on analytics for all UNDP social media platforms and websites.
Output 6 - Producing Graphic Design including invitation, editing/creating visuals for social media posts and Preparing and Posting Social Media Posts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Monthly report of including final versions of all graphics produced and all social media content posted.
Output 7 - Updating Photo Archive/UNDP Cyprus and the preparation/submission of the monthly report including description of photos archived and link to relevant shared folder.
Output 8 - Preparation of press clippings and monitoring data for donor/corporate Reports. Monthly report including final versions of press clipping data in both excel and PDF format and relevant inputs for donor/corporate reports.
Output 9 - Participating in monthly Online Trainings and Regional Communication Meetings. Monthly report including links to recordings of related trainings and meetings
- Demonstrate/safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Encourage and participate in open communication in the team, communicate effectively;
- Manage conflict;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills (including, MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of local community development principles, trends, and policies in Cyprus;
- Ability to set priorities, meet specific objectives, use political judgment and knowledge;
- Good interpersonal skills, diligence, open mindedness, and dedication.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning & Organizing:
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, journalism, social science or any other related field
- At least 12 months’ relevant experience in delivering communication services to promote the activities of international development organization, media organization, private sector and/or NGO is required.
- At least 6 months’ experience of producing content for digital platforms.
- At least 12 months’ experience of editing and copywriting , including articles, reports and press releases
- Experience of working with International Organizations and/or the donor community is an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish or Greek is required
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
CV or Personal History (P11): Applicants are required to submit CV or a P11 Form. The UNDP P11 Form can be downloaded from: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/Careers/P11_Personal_history_form.doc
Reference; Contact details of 3 references
Financial Proposal: Applicants are requested to submit financial proposal in euro for the outputs listed below as follows:
Price in Eur
Total in Euro
Media monitoring/montly reports
Drafting and distributing of Press Release
Updating/ maintaining UNDP and related partner websites (per update)
Drafting of relevant content including, Speeches, Factsheets, web stories(per final version of the content)
Montly Social Media and web Analytics report
Production of Graphic Design
Updating of Photo archive with submission of month report
Preparation of press clippings and monitoring data for donor/corporate on monthly basis
Montly report preperation after participation in meetings
Grand total financial offer
The financial proposal shall cover all expenditures including fees, health insurance, vaccination, international (all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel) or local travel (place of residence to office and office to place of residence), travel to and from the field (location of traps), cost of living and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services. Leave benefits (annual, sick, paternity, maternity) are not applicable to Individual Contractors and absent days including weekends and office holidays are not payable.
Evaluation / Selection Process
All applicants will be screened against qualifications set above. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria (CV review and interviews/desk review) – 70% of total evaluation– max. 70 points
CV review: 20 points:
Educational qualification as defined in the ToR (total of 10 points)
Bachelor’s Degree as defined in the ToR (10 points)
Experience as defined in the ToR (total of 10 points)
Experience in delivering communications services. (7 points)
Experience of producing content for digital platforms. (3 points)
Only candidates who obtained at least 70% of points from the CV review (who will score at least 14 points) will be eligible to be invited for an interview/desk review.
Interview/Desk review: 50 points
Relevant work experience
Minimum 1 years of relevant work experience. (20 points)
Experience of editing and copywriting. (20 points)
Experience of working with International Organizations. (10 points)
Only those individual consultants who obtained at least 70% of points from the CV review and Interview/desk review (49 out of 70) will be considered for financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation – max. 30 points.
Financial scores will be calculated using the formula [lowest offer / financial offer of the candidate x 30]
UNDP applies the “Best value for money approach” – the final selection will be based on the combination of the applicants’ qualification and financial proposal.
Payment shall be made upon the submission of the certification of payment form and the completion and approval of the output (as per this ToR) by UNDP