Digital Collaboration Multimedia Internship
Application deadline 7 months ago: Friday 15 Apr 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT solutions. Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-life industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.
Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM unit.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
The two main activities of this internship involve the following:
Assist in realizing UNDP’s digital strategy and assist in the ITM’s and UNDP’s investing in new learning opportunities to create a common understanding of digital concepts and develop digital capabilities across the organization: Adoption of the Microsoft 365 Collaboration tools and platforms, Client HelpDesk Support, Training material and activities on the best practices of Digital Workspace and Microsoft365. These services are designed and targeted to UNDP’s internal clients, ie. the UNDP Country Offices (UNDP COs) and staff around the world.
Support in building and coordinating a global network of Digital Collaboration Champions who will help identify needs, and support their colleagues in utilizing digital technologies for empowering and increasing digital literacy and digital communication
The assignments to achieve these activities include:
- Designing, editing, and producing walkthrough and demo videos, user manuals and guides, infographics and other multimedia products for training and knowledge management purposes for UNDP end users.
- Support in the design of adoption and engagement strategies for driving end-users into the collaboration platforms. Align knowledge sharing and adoption activities to the Digital Transformation and Digital Workforce Roadmap.
- Assist in managing and maintaining of the knowledge sharing channels for the tools and services: disseminating announcements, engaging with the user communities; posting and updating documentation, user guides, image galleries; and using other channels of communication, as seen appropriate.
Assist in developing written and audio-visual material for engagement and documentation activities – including storyboards, recordings, and editing of webinar videos.
Refine and continuously innovate (kaizen) our operational procedures, instructions and templates, driving with knowledge from best practices and disseminating and engaging with our practice community;
- Organize and coordinate with colleagues and third-party stakeholders for arranging webinars, trainings, and inter-organisational meetings;
- Collaborate across the unit’s key service lines and projects, which range from delivering innovative IT business solutions, development of competencies and digital workforce skills, and world-connecting ICT solutions, to offer communication support and promote the exchange of knowledge;
Applying your Skills Beyond Digital Collaboration and Multimedia Design
Promote a client service-oriented culture within the unit, connecting the new UNDP Digital Collaboration strategy with current theories and practices in Design Thinking, Service Design, and Customer Experience.
Explore and pilot alternative tools for enriching knowledge management and engagement activities and tracking, such as chatbots in MS Teams, decision-making assistance tools through various Microsoft 365 tools (Flow, Forms, PowerApps, etc.), and information design (data visualization).
- Creatively develop and drive new projects for innovative collaboration, monitoring and data-driven decision making, business process automation systems and tools, to be disseminated to UNDP offices as best practice for improvement of operations and business efforts;
- Promote the ITM’s overall strategic framework and work plan pertaining to the minimum ICT standards, infrastructure, and connectivity dimensions. The ITM Copenhagen unit is ISO 9001:2015 certified, our work is focused on high quality, continuous improvements, and customer satisfaction.
Technical skills of best Candidate
- Experience with Camtasia, Adobe CC, etc. or equivalent, for designing and editing videos, one-pagers, infographics and other multimedia content is required.
- Knowledgeable user with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or equivalent
- Fluency and experience with social media tools for marketing and promotions/community engagement
- Knowledge of web-design best practices
Knowledge and experience with SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online is an advantage
Knowledge or experience with specific Microsoft 365 tools (or their consumer equivalents) such as Planner (Trello), Teams (Slack), Yammer (Workplace by Facebook), OneDrive (DropBox, Google Drive), Power BI (Tableau), etc. is a distinct advantage
Competencies and Attributes of Best Candidate
- Has experience in producing high quality multimedia content – storyboarding, editing and producing videos, infographics, one-pagers, manuals, etc. for training purposes.
- Has understanding of user experience design and client-oriented services;
Is an effective communicator with an interest in knowledge, communication, community management;
Has interest and understanding of customer-oriented service and support with focus on innovative enterprise ICT solutions and digital tools, collaboration, customer experience;
- Has good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data for practical implementation;
- Is a self-starter and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set; good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities, effective when working in teams and independently;
- Has interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Required Skills and Experience
You must meet one of the following requirements:
You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of Multimedia Design, Visual Communication, Video Production and alike;
Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
- Knowledge of, and a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications;
- You will have to submit a portfolio of your previous work in multimedia design/video production. (Portfolio can include work from related study courses/programmes, working experience, or free-standing projects). Applications without portfolio will not be considered.