Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Specialist
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 19 Oct 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a IPSA-11 contract. This kind of contract is known as International Personnel Services Agreement. It is normally internationally recruited only. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education. More about IPSA-11 contracts.
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
UNDP, the global development network for the United Nations system, is on the ground in 177 countries and is uniquely equipped to help developing countries build the requisite policies, capacity, and supportive environment that are needed to accelerate and sustain human development. UNDP is an operational backbone to the UN system: providing payroll, financial transactions, common premises, treasury investment, procurement, legal services to UN agencies. UNDP provides IT support for 13 UN entities with 40,000 United Nations and external users of the UNDP’s ERP system, as well as information and communication technology (ICT) and application solutions for the United Nations field presence. To support the UNDP Digital Strategy 2019-2021 and enable the digital transformation of the organization, the Information and Technology management (ITM) office is tasked with developing and operating the enabling corporate technology platforms and providing related services that power the digital transformation including: (1) advice, administration and acceleration services to promote delivery of maximum business value of each platform; (2) a global service desk operation; (3) and outreach services to promote knowledge sharing and effective, agile planning and governance of technology development and utilization.
Within the Information and Technology management (ITM) office is the Global Service Desk that has the basic mandate of providing a single point of contact to manage client support, service requests and incidents related to the organization’s corporate applications including Enterprise Resource Planning systems, Content Management systems and other collaboration tools. The Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Team (DCT) is one of two units in the Global Service Desk (GSD). Under the supervision of the Chief, Global Service Desk, the incumbent manages activities related to the functioning of the capacity building, digital literacy, and knowledge management functions of ITM. The position focuses particularly on leading the team in charge of building capacity within the organization to enable people in UNDP to utilize digital technologies to support daily operations.
The Digital Collaboration Specialist implements UNDP’s digital strategy and leads the knowledge management role within ITM and extend it towards BMS units in the development and management of the knowledge base within the UNall platform and integrate it with the capacity building activities of the Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Team. This position will also be responsible for leading the Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Team to facilitate the creation of knowledge and maintain it to remain relevant and align with the corporate platforms. In addition, the incumbent will lead the team to facilitate Collaboration sessions in order to empower UNDP staff to be digitally literate allowing UNDP to achieve its digital strategy.
- The candidate will be working with and directly reporting to the Chief of the Global Service Desk
- The Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Specialist as the overall responsibility to guide the Digital Collaboration & Knowledge team
- Progress reporting will be done in weekly meetings
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
1. Effective Knowledge Management
- Plan and lead the approach, design, and configuration for the ServiceNow (UNall) knowledge base for ITM and BMS stakeholders
- Oversight of the knowledge and collaboration sessions’ planning and organization.
- Develop UNall Knowledge functionalities and align with internal processes and user feedbacks
- Perform system and component level analysis, design, test, and documentation in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base system
- Coordinate with ITM and BMS stakeholders to ensure cohesiveness, integrity and the continued evolution of the knowledge system
- Reports on Knowledge KPIs and monitors the knowledge creation and utilization in UNall
- Provide management data driven information about knowledge allowing better decision making
- Foster integration between the platforms to streamline the knowledge management flow and accessibility
2. Build corporate capacity on efficient use of corporate user applications and platforms
- Keep abreast of strategic directions and initiatives user applications and platforms and proactively provide feedback to maximize synergy across the platforms.
- Lead the Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Team (DCT) to design and provide a range of effective training and facilitation activities to empower efficient use of user productivity applications and platforms.
- Lead the development of learning material in the new ERP platform and responsible for its integration to UNall
- Engage support from the extended ITM team and beyond to provide specialist expertise and advice where required for delivering effective trainings and knowledge artifacts.
- Automate reports on Knowledge and collaboration activities, user feedback and to allow data-driven decision by Senior management.
- Reports on the training usage and possible enhancement to bring to ITM learning material
3. Provide Support to collaboration platforms.
- Track and reports on user issues and resolutions in UNall to ensure timely resolution of technical issues.
- Track and enhance systems performance and the business calendar proactively in coordination with stakeholders and business community, to preempt support needs and make necessary arrangements to ensure timely resolution of technical issues under different circumstances.
- Provide quality assurance of provided solutions and implement improvements as required.
- Ensure that training materials as well as knowledge base articles for resolutions are maintained and current.
- Effectively utilize communication channels to engage ITM and ICT communities to promote effective use of Corporate knowledge and platforms.
- Reports on the training usage and possible enhancement to bring to ITM learning material
4. Managerial Functions
- Is accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the management of UNDP resources including:
- People Management through recruitment, performance, and career management of people to motivate and promote organizational excellence; lead the learning management activities including establishing Unit Learning Plans and ensure that supervised staff meet their development needs while addressing UNDP’s ICT enterprise system needs.
- Resource Management by providing strategic and data inputs into the Bureau/Office budget preparation exercises and managing sub-allotments issued to unit and/or specific activities within the unit.
- Contract Management including implementing procurement processes and providing oversight to contract implementation; payments certification.
- Content Management by ensuring (1) prescriptive content within the functional areas is continuously updated and available through the Knowledge Base (2) Best Practices are continuously identified, documented, and made available to clients and peers and (3) appropriate and up-to-date information and learning tools are available.
- Information Technology Management through leveraging of functionality in UNDP’s corporate tools and applications for improved business results.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
- Master’s degree in Management, Business and/or ICT related area with 7 years’ experience, or bachelor's degree with at least 9 years of relevant experience.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a global helpdesk environment
- At least one year of hands-on experience in ServiceNow as ITSM is a plus.
- At least one year of hands-on experience in Oracle ERP and above is a plus.
Required skills and competencies
- Problem Resolution: Ability to categorize and assist in resolving complex and related issues/incidents
- Incident Management: Ability capture and analyze systematically issues/cases reported
- Teamwork: Ability to interact and collaborate to achieve team’s goals
- Professionalism: Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge of corporate applications
Desired additional skills and competencies
- Familiarity with collaboration tools and Microsoft stack will be an advantage
- Proven track record of working and contributing positively to a team environment will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of UNDP Financials and Project Management knowledge will be an advantage
- UN work experience will be an added advantage
- ITIL Basic Foundation is a plus
Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of other UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is an asset.