Development Worker (m/f/d) in Microfinance
Application deadline 7 months ago: Tuesday 18 Jul 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
The Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN) is a network of Non-bank Financial Institution’s Associations, Microfinance Associations and Members of financial institutions engaged in the provision of financial and non-financial services. GHAMFIN’s mission is to promote inclusive and responsible financial sector in Ghana by building the capacity of the Microfinance Association members, advocating on issues that advance microfinance policies and operations and coordinating the activities of the diverse membership. GHAMFIN’s main objective is to initiate and support the process to address constraints faced by its members in promoting and financing low income and microentrepreneurs as well as providing assistance to its members to develop the right products for clients of its members.
- Provide support in implementing GHAMFIN /GIZ partnership projects and activities
- Provide valuable input in the development of the Industry Database (Financial and Social Indicators)
- Provide Technical support managing and implementing e-learning and climate finance knowledge hub for the industry
- Support in development of the content of tailor-made short online courses for the Microfinance Sector
- Support the development and review of strategic documents for Industry and GHAMFIN
- Provides vital input in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning within GHAMFIN
- Helps leadership identify and address organizational development issues to make GHAMFIN more effective
- Must be well versed microfinance industry trends, IT innovations etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Statistics, Social Science, Organizational Development, Development Studies, Computer Science Business Administration, Banking and Finance; Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification or experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or Supervision
- Expertise in designing Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks, including setting up theories of change, results frameworks, indicators, targets, and data collection plans is critical
- Experience in the use of e-learning tools and curriculum development
- Understand the Ghanaian microfinance sector and the financial sector in general
- Proactive individual with a positive attitude willing to work in team settings
- Ability to train and coach to team
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and MySQL)
- Fluent English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
The basis for service as a development worker is the Development Workers Act (EhfG) and a comprehensive package of benefits based on it. This includes, among other things, targeted professional and personal preparation. We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, globally active development institution. Your competencies are in demand in an interdisciplinary team on site.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Service Center +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]