Development Worker (m/f/d) Co-Management of natural resources
Application deadline 4 months ago: Sunday 29 Oct 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
The global project Forests4Future aims to ensure that state and private actors contribute to national and international goals for the restoration of forest landscapes, poverty reduction and sustainable rural development and good governance in the forest sector. The aim of the module is to support Forest Landscape Restoration measures as a contribution to forest conservation and the restoration of forests and forest-rich landscapes. Together with partners, the module will comprises topics such as land use planning, co-management for sustainable forest management, restoration of degraded savannah and forests including sustainable pastoralism, income-generating measures for local producer and user groups, and adaptation to climate change. The project will focus onworks close to its beneficiaries in the landscape around the council forest of Yoko, which comprises the municipalities of Yoko and Nanga-Eboko.
- Support and built capacity with the partner municipalities of Yoko and Nanga-Eboko and the devolved state agencies of the participating ministries in developing and executing a co-management model for the implementation of Forest Landscape Restoration and forest management measures
- Support the partner municipalities of Yoko and Nanga-Eboko and the devolved state agencies of the participating ministries in establishing an inter-communal Landscape Forest restoration platform
- Contribute to the organizational development and capacity building of Village Forest management committees at village level in close coordination with the GIZ bilateral project Forest and Environment and Climate
- Follow up the participatory land use planning in the villages
- Support the team leader in managing consulting services for the implementation of local land use planning and integrated Forest Landscape Restoration measures
- Contribute to knowledge management, process lessons learned from Forest Landscape Restoration measures and disseminate results through the African Forest Landscape Restoration Initiative
- Contribute to the introduction of innovation (according to the profile of competences but ideally linked to digitalization)
- University degree (Master’s degree) in forestry, sustainable natural resource management, land use planning, rural development Knowledge in Forest Landscape Restoration is an advantage
- Initial work experience in international cooperation in sub-Saharan Africa in the areas of natural resource management, forest/biodiversity or rural development
- High intercultural competence and appropriate communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with participatory approaches and the organization of networks/groups is highly desired
- Ability to work in rural African areas without access to electricity, tap water and mobile phone network
- Good knowledge of French and English, English is an asset
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cameroon.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
The basis for service as a development worker is the Development Workers Act (EhfG) and a comprehensive package of benefits based on it. This includes, among other things, targeted professional and personal preparation. We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, globally active development institution. Your competencies are in demand in an interdisciplinary team on site.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Service Center +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]