Development worker (m/f/d) as health advisor for the introduction of the health voucher
Application deadline 11 months ago: Sunday 19 Mar 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
The project "Support to the health system and family planning for resilience in Cameroon" Pro-PASSaR, aims at improving the provision of good health services to the population, including internally displaced persons and the destitute, particularly sexual and reproductive health and rights services, as well as psychosocial support. Within this framework, the project has been working for many years with the Regional Funds for Health Promotion. The project supports the Cameroonian Ministry of Health in the introduction and implementation of Universal Health Coverage- UHC. The Regional Funds for Health Promotion-RFHP were tasked with introducing and implementing the Health Voucher for pregnant women to improve access to reproductive health services.
Advising and supporting the Regional Fund in the introduction and implementation of the Health Voucher (Cheque Santé), HIV user fees and other financing mechanisms that contribute to Universal Health Coverage in Cameroon
- Expert advice and support to the Regional Fund in the integration of software to improve the management of Health Vouchers and HIV user fees
- Technical support and advice to the Regional Fund in reporting on Health Voucher management, fees for HIV users and other funding mechanisms
- Monitoring the Regional Fund at strategic level meetings in connection with the health voucher and in the context of the implementation of Universal Health Coverage in Cameroon and the Eastern Region
- Ensuring communication between the Regional Fund for Health Promotion in the East and the technical advisor of the regional funds of Pro-PASSaR, as well as the technical advisor of the Health Voucher
- Participation in internal Pro-PASSaR meetings
- University degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Sociology or other equivalent degree in Social Sciences
- Sound experience in the institutional and organizational development of Social Health Protection mechanisms, in particular health insurance
- Documented experience in planning, monitoring and evaluating health insurance systems
- Knowledge of approaches to health financing in developing countries
- Good writing, analysis and synthesis skills
- Ability to work with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of digital applications
- Fluent in French and German or English
We are happy to offer you a first impression of topics such as: Climate, shopping and supply facilities, school situation and health care in Cameroon.
- Residence: Bertoua Capital of the Eastern Region, with easy access to the capital Yaoundé and Douala
- Climate: tropical savanna climate
- Health care: Basic health care is provided. Good medical care with specialists in Douala and Yaoundé
- Utilities: good infrastructure, electricity and water network; Internet temporarily unstable
- School situation and tuition fees: No secondary international schools in Bertoua
The security situation requires increased vigilance. Special precautionary measures for GIZ employees are in place on site. GIZ's requirements for security measures must be complied to at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ is on site with professional security risk management. Occasionally, there are special restrictions on freedom of movement for the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on the co-departure of family members. Please note that general and personal circumstances in the country of assignment may meet with a different level of acceptance both legally and socially. We are happy to advise you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office can be found at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
The basis for service as a development worker is the Development Workers Act (EhfG) and a comprehensive package of benefits based on it. This includes, among other things, targeted professional and personal preparation. We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, globally active development institution. Your competencies are in demand in an interdisciplinary team on site.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Service Center +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]