Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for Capacity Development in Job Matching and Recruitment
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 10 May 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
The objective of the project Skills Development for Youth Employment (SKYE) is to increase the prospects of gainful employment for Nigerian youth aged between 15 and 35 and for returnees in the selected sectors of the economy. SKYE focuses on five key components: policy and public-private dialogue, capacity building for intermediary organisations, improving the quality of Technical and Vocational Education and Training, promotion of innovative pilot models and active labour market measures. The project aims to improve the income-generating employment opportunities. On the basis of job matching and skilling approach, the employability of Nigerian youths is improved. Edojobs is an initiative launched by the Edo State government in Nigeria under the administration of the governor. The initiative is aimed at tackling the high rate of unemployment in Edo State through skills acquisition and empowerment programmes, in collaboration with various private and public organisations in Edo State.
- Develop a more effective work structure for job placement and job tracking within the partner organisation EdoJobs
- Ensure seamless process flow and service delivery in the job centres and strengthening the current teams; the capacity development of the partner is key throughout the planning and implementation
- Liaise with internal managers and vacancy sourcing team to determine staffing requirements for both internal and external opportunities
- Review database to find suitable candidates and share application link
- Support EdoJobs Jobs Placement team with strategic ideas and processes on how to branch into temporary employment space. i.e any job between 1 day – 6 months. (E.g Fiverr platform)
- Support the setup of a staff outsourcing service within partner job centres in Edo State to enable partner EdoJobs to earn income as a business outsourcing provider
- Ensure standard recruitment processes are developed and followed
- Intensify and further formalise contact with the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment in Abuja
- University degree in economics, social science, or any other relevant field
- Solid understanding of the employment sector, preferably in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in capacity development in an organisational context, preferably in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in working with government institutions, preferably in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Previous experience as a development advisor is an additional asset
- Excellent organisational skills and a solution-oriented mindset
- Fluent in English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Nigeria.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis, e.g. frequent business trips to Benin-City are required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Services Client Portal +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]