Cultural Mediator (Farsi Speaker)
Application deadline 2022 years ago: Monday 1 Jan 0001 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified and enthusiastic professional to work as Cultural Mediator-Farsi Speaker. Under the supervision of the Integration Learning Center Team Leader and in close cooperation with the Integration Learning Center Assistant and the Educators, the Cultural Mediator, will provide support to the implementation of non-formal education activities for migrant and refugee children and adults for all the three Integration Learning Centers of Central Greece. (Trikala, Larissa, Karditsa).This position is also a key one to guarantee a harmonization of processes and policies within all organization of DRC in Greece.
About the job
- Support the ILC staff in the implementation of non-formal education activities for youth and adults;
- Support educators and CFS Facilitators in implementing culturally appropriate educational activities based on age, knowledge and individual needs of children, youth and adults;
- Provide appropriate and relevant information to refugees regarding formal and non-formal education opportunities available;
- Provide cultural mediation/interpretation when necessary;
- Assist with short translation tasks, if required and relevant
- Assist the Integration Learning Center Team leader or educators in administrative tasks when relevant to position and skills;
- Assist in the facilitation of joint events with children and adults from both communities, refugees and host, for community harmonization;
- Contribute to the reinforcement of existing communication with persons of concern throughout DRC;
- Report any potential protection issues/risks identified in the Integration Learning Center to her/his supervisor
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Team Leader, the Urban Manager and/or Area Manager relevant to the achievement of DRC operations
To be successful in the role we expect you to possess the following:
- University Degree or Diploma is an added advantage
- Strong verbal and written Farsi
- Good verbal and written English are required.
- Knowledge of Greek is an added advantage
- At least one year working experience in a related field will be considered as a strong advantage
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
- Experience of community-based or community mobilization work in a humanitarian context is a strong advantage
- Experience in providing recreational activities to children (drama, play, games, circus, sport, storytelling, drawing/painting, artistic activities, music, dancing) will be highly appreciated
- Computer skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Designation of Duty Station: Central Greece/ Roving
All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on-line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications:
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo