Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 9 Feb 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the UNCDF´s Programme Manager the UN Volunteer will be the key person on the ground to structure the UNCDF engagement in the country and will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate the implementation of UNCDF’s programme activities in the country which includes the management of project implementation according to annual work plan, quality assurance and ensuring achievement of outputs.
- Support the development of a pipeline of innovative projects and initiatives using UNCDF’s Technical Assistance facilities and blended finance instruments (e.g. grants, loans and guarantees);
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships, capitalize on business opportunities, and support in resource mobilization for the strategy in the region;
- Support relevant ministries and other entities from the Governments, such as the Ministry of Meteorology, Environment, Information, Disaster Management, Climate Change and Communications, the Ministry of Labour, Commerce & Industries, and the Central Bank to improve the countries policy and regulations to introduce Climate Disaster Risk Financing (CDRF) strategy to better manage economic losses after a disaster;
- Support in partner relationship management with financial service providers like commercial banks, insurance service providers, fintechs, mobile money operators, remittance service providers etc. through financial and technical support from UNCDF;
- Represent UNCDF in all country-level workshops, conferences, and other events where UNCDF is invited;
- Facilitate country visits of regional technical specialists and other colleagues by liaising with partners in organizing meetings;
- Support timely reporting from partners that have received support as may be required;
- Contribute to knowledge management and communication by writing blog posts, focus notes, etc.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management or Equivalent.
A lower qualification in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an M.A. degree.
Minimum 3 years of working in commercial banks, other financial institutions, regulatory institutions, capital markets, development finance institutions etc
- Solid experience in financial services and/or digital economy sector (e.g. Digital Finance, FinTech, InsurTech, eCommerce, Telco, etc);
- Experience working in development countries is considered an advantage.
- Experience working with development partners, such as UN organizations or other multilateral organizations (e.g. WorldBank, IFC, ADB) is considered an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Finance, accounting and audit, Administration and administrative assistance, Human resources management and development
Area of expertise details:
Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management or Equivalent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 09 February 2021