Application deadline 4 months ago: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022 at 20:59 UTCOpen application form
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Content Manager Grade: SC8 Type of contract: Service Contract Duration: 12 Months Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh Vacancy Number: 01 Date of Publication: 15.09.2022 Deadline of Application: 28.09.2022
The job purpose of this position is to implement the communications plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, providing research and analysis, and prioritizing effectively.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Delivery and Communications Manager the Content Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performing specialized communications processes and activities, to support staff in the development, preparation, execution, and dissemination of campaigns for target audiences.
- Contribute to the work of the UN Communications and Advocacy Group in Bangladesh; Assist the supervisor in the development of a Communication, Advocacy, and Marketing Strategy specific for WFP Bangladesh’s Country Strategic Plan 2017-2020; join the various UN-wide communications groups which were formed because of the Covid-19 pandemic and has been actively represent WFP in those groups.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on content ideas with the aim of creating dynamic, impactful and differentiated content; Collaborate with HQ on relevant content creation and distribution to ensure WFP Bangladesh exposure to a global audience.
- Conduct research, suggest ideas and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects.
- Manage the storage and distribution of audio/visual materials in accordance with relevant policies.
- Coordinate donor gifts – from design to output, Maintain inventory of all communications materials, and operate as the distribution focal for the same.
- Serve as an information focal point, support and/or coordinate media coverage of events to optimize publicity of WFP’s activities.
- Organize and execute special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners, and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, published, and attended.
- Monitor traditional and social media channels and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies. Maintain a database for these reports and regularly monitor and update the same.
- Analyze and understand social media metrics to provide actionable insights and make content creation and strategy decisions.
- Prepare content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages;
- Respond to specialized queries and requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all inquiries;
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities;
- Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, to support regular and appropriate communications; monitor all media for mentions of WFP in the local/national/global media and send daily media monitoring messages to senior management;
- Liaise with communications staff from donor representations locally;
- Mentor all the communication unit volunteers;
- Work with all our external collaborators (eg. Kishwar Chowdhury). And create a database of influencers with which the Communications team might work in the near future;
- Mentor and support the growth and development of colleagues in both the Country Office and Cox's Bazar offices; train colleagues in sub-offices;
- Perform the role of OIC in situations where the current "Head of Communications" is unavailable for duty;
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the field of public information or another related field with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar field.
Education: Advanced University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla dialects.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox's Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 28 September 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.