Consultant – Partnerships Advocacy (Public Private Partnerships), UNICEF TCO, Bangkok, Thailand, Job No
Application deadline 2 months ago: Thursday 21 Jul 2022 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfilling their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is looking for an individual consultant who will provide technical support on Advocacy strategies for the office from developing, implementing, and monitoring. The consultant will also provide technical oversight to ensure the implementation of TCO’s advocacy portfolio are effectively taken place with ways of working embedded and compelling advocacy materials designed and developed. The role will pertain technical advisory to warrant TCO takes advantage of the upcoming election as a key advocacy opportunity to advance TCO’s goals.
Under an oversight of the Deputy Representative Programme, the consultant is expected to fulfill the following:
- Technical oversee and support the implementation of TCO’s Advocacy Priorities Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues through the roll-out of the advocacy strategies and related activity plans, acting as project manager/internal coordinator
- Embed new ways of working through efficient mechanisms/systems that will bring the Advocacy Portfolio to life and encourage a ‘whole of office approach’ (e.g. convene Advocacy Action Groups)
- Develop compelling advocacy materials (e.g. Policy Briefs, presentations, Key messages etc) in support of the Advocacy priorities and Tier 2 Issues, working with relevant Programme Chiefs and Comms team as required
- Finalize the development of the Election mini-strategy and lead the implementation of the strategy, working with colleagues as required
- Develop a tool to improve advocacy stakeholder management and engagement that captures and monitors advocacy efforts with target stakeholders (e.g. government Ministers etc), specifically by:
- Clarifying how stakeholders are defined and categorized
- Introducing a standardized system for identifying, analyzing, and maintaining relationships with targets, partners, and other stakeholders that captures actions and intel
- Introducing a process for managing and maintaining advocacy coalitions
- Support the Representative and Deputy Representative in their advocacy work as required (e.g. prepare presentations, talking points, drafting correspondence etc)
Work Schedule****: The consultant is expected to work full time during contract period.
- Support provided on the implementation of TCO’s Advocacy Priorities Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues through the roll-out of the advocacy strategies and related activity plans, acting as project manager/internal coordinator
- New ways of working through efficient mechanisms/systems that will bring the Advocacy Portfolio to life and encourage a ‘whole of office approach’ (e.g. convene Advocacy Action Groups)
- Compelling advocacy materials (e.g. Policy Briefs, presentations, Key messages etc.) in support of the Advocacy priorities and Tier 2 Issues, working with relevant Programme Chiefs and Comms team as required
- Finalized the Election mini-strategy and lead the implementation of the strategy, working with colleagues as required
- A tool to improve advocacy stakeholder management and engagement that captures and monitors advocacy efforts with target stakeholders (e.g. government Ministers etc.) per work assignment.
- Tasks in support the Representative and Deputy Representative in their advocacy work as required (e.g. prepare presentations, talking points, drafting correspondence etc.)
Duration of Contract: 4 months: July – November 2022
Working Location: The consultant will mostly work remotely with regular meeting with colleagues in the office.
Official Travel Involved: In-country mission may be anticipated.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University degree is required in one of the following fields: International Relations, Political Science, International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Communication, or related fields. *A first level university degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field, in conjunction with two additional years of relevant work experience in advocacy, campaigning or a related field may be taken in lieu of an Advanced University degree.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in advocacy, with knowledge of public campaigning and communication a welcome asset.
- Proven ability in developing and delivering advocacy strategies with clear outcomes, KPIs, theory of change, and concrete actions plans
- Proven ability in developing advocacy materials (e.g., Policy Briefs, presentations, key messages etc.)
- Experience of developing or utilizing advocacy tools that support implementation efforts (e.g. stakeholder monitoring system)
- Experience of utilizing democratic elections as an advocacy opportunity is an asset.
- Proven ability in managing political reputational risk.
- Proven ability in managing complex external partnership with varying needs and requirements.
- Bangkok-based consultant, preferred
- Teamwork and an ability to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to undertake assignment in the duty station.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 3 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in USD by 21 July 2022****.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.