Consultancy to Review the Information System of the Jamaica Council for Persons with Disabilities (JCPD), Kingston, Jamaica, 4 months (Remote/work form home)
Application deadline 1 year ago: Thursday 11 Nov 2021 at 04:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
Location of Consultancy: Kingston, Jamaica
Duration: 4 Months
Anticipated Start Date: November 20, 2021
Anticipated End Date: March 19, 2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
The key deliverables of the consultancy are as follows-
- Develop a detailed workplan, methodology and report outline
- Preparation of Progress Report and Draft systems Requirements documents
- Develop a final system requirements document and report
T****o qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:-
- A Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Systems Development/Analysis, or related studies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS , COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years’ experience in developing web applications using C# on the ASP.Net framework
At least three years’ work experience in application development environment
Sound understanding and experience in software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Project management experience is an asset
- Sound programming experience with excellent analytical design skills to develop, enhance and maintain applications.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the creation of and integration of Web Services.
- Knowledge of network and application security.
- Possess problem solving, prioritizing tasks, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms and must be able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to individuals and groups
- Knowledgeable about Computer Hardware Technology and Network technology.
- Possess the ability to: i. Understand and handle tasks independently. ii. Meet deadlines & work as a team member
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines and completion of all mandatory trainings. Performance indicators against which the satisfactory conclusion of this contract will be assessed include: timeliness/quality of submission and responsiveness to UNICEF and counterpart feedback.
UNICEF shall hold all property rights, such as copyright, patents and registered trademarks, on matter directly related to, or derived from, the work carried out through this contract with UNICEF.
Consultants and Individual contractors, even those working from home, must complete the following online courses prior to signature of contract. All certificates should be presented as part of the contract.
- Ethics and Integrity at UNICEF https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=1289
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abuse of Authority https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=114
- Sexual Exploitation Abuse (PSEA) https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=7380
Consultants and Individual Contractors must complete the following course before commencement of any travel on behalf of UNICEF.
- BSAFE Security Training https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=17891
Any consultant or individual contractor who is issued a UNICEF email address must complete the following courses no later than 30 days after signature of contract.
- UNICEF Information Security Awareness Course https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=12037
- Fraud Awareness https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=18439
Individuals will be required to complete mandatory trainings after being awarded the consultancy and will be required to complete mandatory trainings, sign and submit key documentation and provide proof of health insurance before signing the contract to commence services.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Consultants and individual contractors are required to certify that they are covered by medical/health insurance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.