Consultancy: Data Engineer, ICTD Digital Core, Valencia, Spain (Remote Based)
Application deadline 1 month ago: Friday 5 Aug 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD) of UNICEF covers the development, implementation and management of innovative, effective and secure IT integrated business solutions and technology infrastructure in support of the Organization’s strategic objectives.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is currently looking for a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will work under the supervision of the ICT Manager, Solution Engineering and will play an integral role in team to build solutions managing and organizing data. On a day-to-day basis, the person will actively work with database administrators on developing solutions and identifying ways to improve and build robust and integrated data infrastructure for UNICEF.
- Design, build and maintain data integration solutions and data management architecture.
- Develop production level ML libraries and models.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Collaborate with application teams in building of data pipelines and solution architecture meeting the required data processing needs.
- Under guidance of database administrators build and implement HA and DR for enterprise database systems using Failover Clustered Instances, Availability Groups, Multi-Site clusters and Replication.
- Assist database administrators in housekeeping activities of database systems.
- Follow established environmental change control processes for promoting changes from development to production.
Document processes, procedures for completed solution to ensure continuity.
Skills and Qualifications:
The minimum qualifications required are:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information systems management or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development, data engineering or data science field. developing and deploying integration solutions, with concrete understanding of core Microsoft Azure Integration Services to connect a mixture of on-premises, SaaS, and cloud-hosted applications.
- 2+ years of experience in Python programming and developing solution using serverless, low-code Azure Integration offerings including Azure Logic Apps, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Functions.
- Experience configuring MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL Database systems.
- Proficient in SQL and NoSQL Database systems.
- Experience with Numpy, Pandas, together with prior experience in field of data science building ML models is preferred.
- CI/CD process leveraging ARM Templates and Azure DevOps, including git, DevOps pipelines and migrations from development to production environments.
- Deep understanding of large-scale, distributed systems.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark…).
- Good knowledge of Data formats as well as structured and unstructured storage.
- Strong understanding of open API standards particularly, REST, SOAP and GraphQL, as well as ability to research develop, deploy and integrate with custom internal and third-party APIs.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.
This consultancy will be off-site for a period of 11.5 months.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%].
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.