Community Mobilizer - Mosul
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country, and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar and Mosul.
- To help PRoL team to do their activities and meet targets. - They should be available in the center to receive beneficiaries and identify their needs and refer them to the PRoL team. - Conducted field visit to the areas nearby the center to do outreach activities; inform beneficiaries to attend at the center to receive assistance and to inform them about the sort of activities provided at the center, also to identify the concerns and needs - Support the PRoL activities, including awareness raising campaigns, meetings, door to door visit, cases referral, and support for host community, returnees, and IDPs. - Assist the supervisions and attend to IRC office to discuss the activities implemented, challenges, achievements, Data and any other task requested from the supervisors
· Collaborate with other IRC sectors to facilitate their response, achieve, promote and enhance the protective environment for the IDPs, returnees, and host communities.
· Communicate, and coordinate with community leaders and NGOs to facilitate IRC activities through the communities.
· Information dissemination for IRC brochures, key messages, and leaflets.
· Promote and enhance the inclusion, diversity, and equality.
· Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or his authorized designee.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: protection officer Position directly supervises: protection team leader
Indirect Reporting: PRoL Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff
External: IRC guests
- Certificate, craft certificate or license and approximately 2 year experience. - High communication skills. - Good time management. - Ability to read and write in Arabic, the English language is asset. - Background of the community cultures. - Good computer skills.
Working Environment: the position will be based in East Mosul – Zahra Center.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org****.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com