Communications Officer P4 (Head of Digital) - Rome, Italy
Application deadline 8 months ago: Sunday 10 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you an experienced Communications Officer interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, July 10, 2022 (11:59 PM CET)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
The Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) division enhances the impact of WFP's mission and work, and WFP's reputation and image through efficient and effective internal and external communication.
The Digital unit of the CAM division oversees the majority of the external facing online communications for the global channels.
Our workstreams include social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); the build and management of WFP.org; Freerice (WFP’s most popular online platform); online content creation and video production tools; reputation management and monitoring; and special projects such as Storytellers and the creation of data-based digital personas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Reporting to the Chief, Brand and Digital Communications – and working closely with other CAM units and organisational stakeholders, Regional Bureaux and Country Office focal points, the role oversees corporate-level external facing digital communications; including but not limited to the global social media handles, WFP.org, Freerice and a range of global creative and strategic outreach projects and campaigns.
You will perform the following duties:
- Establish and execute a global digital strategy for WFP, that leverages the six global social media channels,Freerice and joint initiatives, and features a regular flow of consented, on brand content, that will increase our digital footprint with target audiences
- Leverage a deep knowledge of the digital space to provide oversight and guidance across WFP’s corporatedigital footprint and online presence, ensuring that our external platforms and content reflect WFP’s organisational needs and priorities and support the engagement of our target audiences and key stakeholders
- Successfully execute campaigns around CAM key moments or priorities with coherent user journeys andaudience segmentation for paid and organic digital activities.
- Supervise and lead the global social media, website development and Freerice teams; recruit and define Termsof Reference for the teams; establish priorities and work plans, monitor progress, and provide coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate skills and capabilities development and enable high performance and motivation
- Undertake annual planning for the Digital Unit, outlining milestones, staffing, funding needs and strategic direction
- Define and communicate standards and processes to support the implementation of the content, platform, audience and campaign strategies. Reinforce and bring to life the strength of WFP’s brand in a clear and consistent manner, and ensure compliance with WFP’s Global Branding Guidelines
- Successfully drive the development and build long-term capability across digital projects for CAM, mainly WFP.org and Freerice, to position and scale WFP digital platforms impact and reach.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with internal and external stakeholders, from UN agencies to digital platform partners, creative agencies and subject experts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Branding, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or Undergraduate degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience in similar roles, with at least 5 of those years in an international environment with a proven track record of effective digital content strategies
- Successful team management experience (including remote oversight) is essential
- Experience in content creation, social media management, digital marketing and user experience; with proven success on global campaigns working in collaboration with social media platforms
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language)
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience working on communications and content for public and private sector audiences, preferably for the UN and/or humanitarian sector;
- Strong experience in identifying and mitigating reputational risk;
- Fluency in social media platforms and native analytics, with a good breadth of contacts at the platforms
- Solid understanding of audience data and how to effectively leverage this to create impactful social media strategies
- Knowledge of content management systems and web development work
- Solid understanding of digital tools including websites, keyword and SEO optimization, audience targeting tools.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with a proven track record of developing positive, collaborative relationships across stakeholders from different divisions and with varying backgrounds and vertical expertise
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork Applies Strategic Thinking Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. This position is open to both internal and external candidates.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.