Application deadline in 10 days: Wednesday 29 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Youth contracts.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the communications Unit, the UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure the animation and updating of the UNDP Mali website and social media content.
Assist the Country Office communication team in the implementation of UNDP Mali's results-based communication strategy;
Collect information from implemented projects and assess their news value and potential impact.
- Support the office in its visibility efforts by highlighting the results achieved with the support of UNDP and its partners
- Elaborates success stories through field visits, press trips, etc;
- Produce photo and/or video reports during field visits, press trips,
Participate in the drafting and editing of information documents that demonstrate UNDP's impact and results (files, brochures, leaflets, reports);
Contribute to the administrative management of tasks related to the unit's various activities
Educational additional comments
Preferably Master's degree in Communications or related fields
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience in communications at the national or international level, including experience in media relations. Experience in the UN system desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise details
Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer’s skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer’s motivation high.
Learning elements for the UN Youth Volunteer include the development of:
- Professional skills: including specific competencies and reflection on assignment-related abilities; and on-the-job skills such as time management, problem solving, team building; and career preparedness such as interview skills, CV preparation, job searching.
Inter-personal skills: including communication and listening skills; multi-cultural awareness and cultural competency; and conflict and stress management.
Volunteering-related skills: including leadership; civic responsibility; and engagement and active participation.
Beyond the learning opportunities provided by UNV, the host agency will support knowledge and capacity development in the technical areas that are relevant to the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment. The host agency will provide, at its expense, UN Youth Volunteers with equal opportunity to participate in training courses and workshops offered to its personnel.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Creativity, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
Prerequisites This assignment is funded by the Government of the Republic of Ireland, therefore only the following are eligible to apply: Irish citizen or a European Economic Area national with an unrestricted right to reside in Ireland or have a declaration of refugee status from the Minister for Justice and Law Reform. This is a UN Youth Volunteer assignment and eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the assignment. Selection process Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment, via competency-based interviews held via skype or telephone. Selected candidates will be invited to an assignment preparation training. How to apply Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile. Application deadline: 29 September 2021