Communications and Engagement Officer (Fleet Centre) SC 9
Application deadline in 8 days: Sunday 16 May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support this lifesaving mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai is mandated to centrally set the global standards for and manage the light and armoured vehicle fleet leasing operations to enable effective, safe and efficient fleets in all WFP offices across the world. The vehicle leasing & insurance service is complemented by world-class expertise and technical assistance in fleet management (including for armoured vehicles), fleet systems support, vehicle disposal, and road safety & fleet management training. In addition, having one of the largest humanitarian light vehicle fleets, WFP is also spearheading, through Fleet Centre, international collaboration efforts within the wider UN System to facilitate sister agency access to more effective and safer vehicles and to realize efficiency gains.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
Transforming the technical-operational content and information regarding Fleet Centre products, services, strategies and activities into impactful, bespoke communications to both internal and external audiences, the Communications and Engagement Officer serves at the nexus between the Fleet Centre and the rest of the world. She/he plays a pivotal role in ensuring communications strategy is in place and operationalized in a consistent manner reflecting the WFP Fleet Centre’s positioning as the global centre of expertise for humanitarian light and armoured vehicle fleet management.
To implement the communications and engagement plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications and engagement activities, providing research and analysis, and prioritising effectively.
Under the direct supervision of Chief, Fleet Centre, and collaborating closely with Management Services Division, Head of Communications and WFP Dubai Communications Unit, the incumbent will be required to perform the below major functions.
Job Title: Communications and Engagement Officer (Fleet Centre)
Level: SC 9
Salary: Starting from AED 32,444.84 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
Duration of Employment: 12 months with possibility of extension
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Develop and implement a comprehensive Fleet Centre Communications Strategy, including Social Media Strategy, aligned with Division and Corporate approach. • Lead development of Fleet Centre reporting framework considering the various audiences (Board, HQ, RBs, COs, etc.). • Create content for use across a range of on-line platforms and media, aligned with corporate and division-wide messaging: coordinate inputs and draft content for reports, articles, key messages, info sheets; prepare summaries and briefing notes; establish and regularly issue Fleet Centre News Letter. • Support Fleet Centre teams with their communication needs (e.g. Fleet Centre Portal, checklists and style sheets in line with corporate and division-wide standards and templates). • Develop Fleet Centre VIP/Visitor meet-and-greet strategy & programme (e.g. for donor visits, fundraising events, government representatives, current & prospective clients) • Develop Fleet Centre visibility & brand management strategy aligned with MSD and Corporate branding (branding of facilities; visibility items, test vehicles etc.) • Collaborate closely with MSD Head of Communications, ensuring prioritization and consistent identity and messaging related to the Division; collaborate with WFP Dubai Communications Unit, as appropriate, ensuring consistent messaging. • Act as Branch focal point, contributing to the preparation of accurate and timely reports and planning requirements, support communications activities that enable informed decision-making, and ensure consistency of information presented within and outside MSDF • Other duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AND REPORTING
- Fleet Centre Communication, Advocacy and Engagement Strategy
- Fleet Centre Social Media Strategy
- Fleet Centre News Letter issued
- Fleet Centre VIP/Visitor meet-and-greet strategy & programme
- Fleet Centre visibility & brand management strategyFleet Centre reporting framework
- Timely reports / content creation / communications support
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Journalism or related field relevant for the role.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field; experience in managing and supporting strategic and day-to-day communications in a high-paced environment
- Experience in drafting, editing, content creation, preparation of reports and presentations
- Experience in an international customer service environment preferred
Language: Fluency (mother tongue or advance level C) in professional English – written, spoken, and oral comprehension. Arabic, Spanish or French language is an advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Media and Influencer Relationship Management Demonstrates ability to build and sustain effective collaborative relationships with key media contacts and influencers in area of expertise to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims. Media and Communication Expertise Facilitates open verbal or written communication with media and influencers as required (i.e. through preparation of tailored written or visual materials presentations, and official documentation) to convey tailored messages. Engages in mutually informative discussion with media and influencers. Specialised Knowledge in Communications Uses sound theoretical knowledge of communications concepts to generate or facilitate the generation of effective communication materials across various media. Applies this to define work plans aligned to identified areas of WFP’s communications strategy. Sociopolitical Contextual Understanding Demonstrates deep understanding of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which WFP operates which influences approach to working, policy development and decision making. Communication Strategy and Planning Applies advanced understanding of WFP communications strategy and best practice to effectively develop strategies to engage with media and other significant external stakeholders within area of responsibility. Oversees implementation, providing recommendations for improvement.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Outstanding communication skills incl. proofreading, copy editing and oral presentation
- Ability to effectively engage with subject matter experts to produce communication materials; curiosity to learn about technical areas of expertise; ability to lift the salient points of complex texts / situations
- Ability to work independently and in teams and to establish effective working relationships with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent task and time management skills to meet multiple deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in high quality work outputs
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with social medial campaigns and platforms
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and UAE Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only those candidates shortlisted will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16 May 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.