Communication Specialist, NO-3, FT, Bogotá - Colombia
Application deadline 1 month ago: Monday 29 Aug 2022 at 04:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a NO-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as National Professional Officers. It is normally only for nationals. It's a staff contract. More about NO-3 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2021 to the end of 2024 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá, Atlántico, Arauca and Norte de Santander.
For more information visit the following link:
Purpose of the Position
The position is accountable for developing, managing, co-ordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support for UNICEF's mission, priorities and programmes in the country office and at a global level and those of the UN Country Team.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Alternatively, a first University combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications
- Five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- Field work experience. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French or, Russian) or a local language is an asset.
FIND THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability & Sustainability
The Core competencies required for the post are:·
• Builds and maintains partnerships (L2)
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (L2)
• Drive for results with impact (L2)
• Innovates and embraces change (L2)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (L2)
• Thinks and acts strategically (L2)
• Working collaboratively with others (L2)
• Nurtures, leads and manage people (L1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process