Communication Associate, GS-6, TA, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 13 Sep 2021 at 03:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,703 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in Santo DomingoThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 93,523 DOP (~1,703 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, and advocate.
The Division of Communication (DOC) Is responsible for helping to shape UNICEF’s external image among global stakeholders. It plays a key role in communicating UNICEF’s stance on policy issues, ensuring that the rights of children and women remain a development priority. The Division is responsible for developing and implementing global advocacy, brand and communication strategies and campaigns, as well as normative communication guidance for the organization.
How can you make a difference?
The Communication Associate at GS-6 level reports to the Communication Officer who is at level NO-2. The Communication Associate is responsible for:
Support in the production and distribution of communications materials
- Follow up on the production of materials (e.g., films, videos, photos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.) to meet standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit and approval of the supervisor.
- In consultation with the supervisor is responsible for coordinating and improving UNICEF’s graphic, audio-visual and photography assets to serve programmatic, advocacy and partnerships/fundraising purposes.
- Maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including photographs, audio-visual materials, and make it available for communication and partnerships /fundraising.
- Helps identify, selects, supervise and evaluate suppliers for photography, film, edit, design, etc. Keeps an updated a database of suppliers.
- In consultations with supervisor coordinates audio-visual and photo coverage of relevant country efforts, activities, projects and events for dissemination and fundraising materials.
- Implement the tasks in the country communication work plan and strategy as assigned.
- Helps supervisor select and supervise suppliers for editing, designing, illustration, printing, etc. of materials and publications. Manages the roster of suppliers. Monitors the industrial production and distribution of publications.
- Provides editorial support for scientific, technical and/or promotional materials produced by the CO for specific internal/external audiences, ensuring quality and integrity of information;
- Keeps and maintains files of all the publications and materials, and updates the publications stock.
- Coordinate the editorial committee and editorial policy, coordinates meetings, keeps records and archives resolutions.
- Checks that all material (publications, dissemination and fundraising) comply with UNICEF’s Brand Book and Brand Tool Kit standards. Provides technical support in the promotion of a focused branding and strategic approach to the Organization's name, visual recognition, across all entity's visual communication.
- Handles distribution of publications and materials to other areas of the office and counterparts.
Support media relations
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with multimedia groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy, communication and fundraising objectives.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media and other special interest groups. Assist in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements for them.
- Assist in organizing activities such as project site visits, press-conferences, one on one interview.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.). Elaborate monthly reports to monitor the progress on media presence.
- In consultation with the supervisor, implements a style guide for UNICEF´s materials. Ensure that interactions and messaging are consistent with UNICEF positions. Ensures the voice, tone and mix of content fits UNICEF´s strategy.
- Organize data and information, maintains records, files and work plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation;
- Assist in the financial and administrative processes for the communication section including preparation of contracts, procurement requests, PCAs.
- Assist in monitoring the annual budget of the communication section and financial expenditures;
- Assist in data collection and analysis in line with KPIs outlined in the communication strategy, including media monitoring and the survey on the public perception of UNICEF in the country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by courses in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising communication and/or graphic design. *
*University degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in Communications or related area is an asset.
A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, interactive digital media and/or publicity.
- Experience in photography skills and graphic designing will be an asset. Experience in editorial management process is an asset.
- Work experience in an international organization or UN agency is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
The functional competencies required for this post are...
- Analyzing (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Applying Technical expertise (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
View our competency framework at: CF_Short_Brochure_Jan2020_FIN3.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.