Application deadline 1 month ago: Tuesday 30 Aug 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
The communications assistant will substantively contribute to development and implementation of the country office advocacy and communication strategy through scanning overall political and communication environment of the country, and making the country programme results visible, tailored to the context of the country.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Communications Analyst or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communication Assistant will:
- Supports the development and implementation of the Country Office’s Advocacy and Communications Strategy, by compiling and analyzing information, receiving inputs from CO’s staff and partners, and drafts the document;
- Contributing to CO Management Plan, Resource Mobilization strategy, development and implementation, monitoring and reporting in the area of advocacy/communications and resource mobilization and manage CO Programme Coordination Assistance Project;
- Planning and supporting logistical preparations, including necessary financial arrangements in connection with relevant UN or other International Days, UNFPA events and national, regional and global campaigns; and assisting with organizing various visits including that of UNFPA celebrity spokespersons
- Support preparation of press releases, articles and human interest stories in Farsi and English
- Support preparation of daily media scans, media briefs, fact sheets, donor reports and various other reports
- Monitoring implementation of the country office’s advocacy and communications activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports.
- Maintains promotional tools and items as well as information - Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination; - Acting as a resource person on communication/advocacy, including UNFPA publications and knowledge sharing and related tasks in relation to both HQ/RO and UN sister agencies - Develops and maintains excellent working relations with UNFPA Implementing Partners, as well as UNFPA and CO staff.
Professionalism, Integrity, Teamwork, Commitment to continuous learning, planning and organizing, Communication, Flexibility.
communications and related areas; - Clear understanding of advocacy and communication concepts; - Good knowledge in media and public relations; - Excelent writing skills; - Experience in drafting reports, preparing documents, communication materials, events, and coordination between a large number of partners; - Familiarity with population issues, sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people (including adolescents) would be an asset; - Experience in managing websites; - Experience in preparing social media content; - Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds; - Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Farsi - Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others; - Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills; - Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team; - Flexible and open to learning and new experiences; - Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions; - Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
Living conditions: as this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.
UN Volunteer entitlements and allowances: The purpose of the allowances and entitlements paid to UN Volunteers is to enable UN Volunteers to sustain a secure standard of living at the duty stations in line with United Nations standards without incurring personal costs. The allowances are in no way to be understood as compensation, reward, or salary in exchange for the UN Volunteer's service. Contingent on specific eligibility criteria, location of the volunteer assignment and contractual type and category, the payment of allowances will begin from the date of Commencement of Service.
For information specific to your assignment please see below: Monthly Living Allowance (per month): USD 1,051.50 Entry lump sum (one time payment): USD 400 Travel Ticket when moving to duty station (if applicable): USD 200 Exit allowance (for each month served, paid on completion of contract): USD 109.58 Medical and life insurance: Cigna Private Insurance
Leave entitlements: Annual leave: 2.5 days accrued per calendar month Certified sick leave: 30 days Uncertified sick leave: 7 days Learning leave: 10 working days per consecutive 12 months Maternity leave: 16 weeks Paternity leave: 10 days