Communication and Reporting Specialist
Application deadline in 3 days: Thursday 9 Dec 2021 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
FAO’s corporate communication strategy sets out the key principles that should guide the management of communication across the Organization at all levels at which it operates – global, regional and national – as well as through its various technical areas of work; for both internal and external audiences. FAO has made substantial progress in its communication efforts to reach new audiences through: an increased number of new media partnerships, an expanded use of social media, establishing expansive Regional Communication Networks, a consolidated and simplified website, a revamped FAO Document Repository and better planning, monitoring and promotions. This post is based in FAO Representation in Tehran, the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), the incumbent will perform the tasks described below.
To increase the visibility, understanding and awareness on FAO Iran mandate
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, organize and implement publicity/outreach, knowledge sharing events and promotional opportunities (roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, exclusive and occasional interviews, seminars, visiting media organizations, etc.);
- Lead the development of a Detailed Annual Communication and Visibility Work Plan and Budget to be submitted to the FAO Representative for approval
- Coordinate, organize, develop and prepare signboards, display banners, flyers, brochures, booklets, press kits, infographics and other textual, multimedia, and promotional items;
- Produce advocacy materials, including articles, testimonial videos, human-interest and in-action stories, interviews with stakeholders and beneficiaries and other textual and multimedia outputs for dissemination through various communication and media channels, and ensure conformity to FAOStyle and corporate communications policies;
- Create and supervise records in the PWS for online and printed materials
- Collect, prepare and update the required material for the office and project websites including partnership and links, project information (objectives, activities, expected results, etc.);
- Coordinate, develop, prepare and disseminate information, reports, press releases, news stories, public information notes and social media at national and regional levels on the activities being delivered; supervise and plan on FAO Iran’s on-line channels of communications (including websites and social media accounts.)
- Monitor the national media coverage related to topics within FAO’s mandate and establish and maintain a network of media focal points and journalists;
- Track and log all media reports involving the FAO at country level and send report to both FAO Representative and RAP Communication Officer for SOMI notification
- Prepare, translate and edit statements/talking points to be delivered by the FAO Representative;
- Create and update the database of national and international media to generate contact list of: editors (for developing strategic alliance and for placing Op-eds), chief of bureau (for invitations to attend press conferences, briefing sessions, etc.) and news editors (for sending media releases) and journalists working in agriculture & development related areas;
- Contribute to the United Nations Communication Group (UNCG) in Iran and participate in UNCG meetings on behalf of FAO;
- Coordinate with and manage the FAO good will ambassadors and organize regular meetings with them in coordination with the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
- Regularly consult and coordinate with the Regional Communication Officer for Asia and the Pacific and OCC to ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy, operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs, and obtain the necessary clearances;
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports of the FAO Representation in Iran under the supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
- Review and analyse all relevant project documentation including: the Action Document; the Programme Document, Logical Framework Matrix and Budget; and the FAO/donors Communication and Visibility requirement as applicable;
- Contribute to the preparation and conducting of project inception workshops and baseline studies to raise visibility and all other awareness activities to be undertaken at projects sites;
- Record and document the implementation of project activities and ensures the collection of information and data required for project monitoring and reporting, including interim and final narrative progress reports;
- Prepare all the necessary periodic programme/project narrative progress reports on progress in the various targeted outputs of the programme/project in close consultation with project staff, Operations Officer and Lead Technical Officer (LTO); Supervise other employees as applicable.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in relevant field or equivalent professional experience in Communication and Media functions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in similar senior Communication roles.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven communications skills and fluent in English and Persian.
- National of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement